Classic charge controller

Options
ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
Which Classic is best for a 1000 watt wind turbine>????? Will the LITE work ok for this..?? this controller is for the wind turbine only...

Comments

• ChrisOlson
    ChrisOlson Banned Posts: 1,807 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Classic charge controller

The Classic 150 is the suitable unit for a 1 kW turbine. I'm not sure of the functionality of the Classic 150 Lite when it comes to programming a wind curve in it. I've never used a Lite controller for that. That would be a question you could ask tech support at MidNite Solar.
    --
    Chris
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Midnite also has an active forum here.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ws9876 wrote: »
    Which Classic is best for a 1000 watt wind turbine>????? .

What do you have for a "1000 watt turbine"?
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Either the Lite or regular Classic will allow you to use the Local App (Ethernet) to adjust the wind curves.

Which voltage of Classic to use will depend on the turbine itself and somewhat, your battery voltage.
    You will, in most cases, require a Clipper of some sort as well.

Attached is one wind turbine curve from a customer... It was handy to upload but shows how the
    Local App wind curve adjustment works.

boB