Free or nearly free rebate programs

Options
rollandelliott
rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭
so I figgured out how to use the search feature on DSIREUSA.org
and made this list up.
It lists all rebate programs in DSIRE's database for residential buildings

http://www.dsireusa.org/solar/incentives/index.cfm?EE=1&RE=1&SPV=1&ST=1&sector=Residential&searchtype=Rebate&technology=Photovoltaics&solarportal=1&sh=1

Missouri seems to have the largest $2 per watt up to 25,000 watts, now that would take up pretty up most of a standard backyard on a 1/4 acre lot!

they are not really "free" but at today's pricing of less than $1 a watt you can play your cards right and get it for pretty close to free after the rebates.........

Anyways if you are thinking of moving and buying a home it's a good deal.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Free or nearly free rebate programs
    ...Missouri seems to have the largest $2 per watt up to 25,000 watts, now that would take up pretty up most of a standard backyard on a 1/4 acre lot!...

Well Ameren has a great rebate program! Missouri, unfortunately, is full of backward Coops who want nothing to do with alternative energy, and have very high "line" or "user" fees.

We have a new law requiring a % of all electric to come from renewable sources, so this may change. Then again, I hear Ameren is trying to have the law changed from renewable sources, to alternative sources and include Nuclear since they have an existing plant and have tryed to get forward financing (charge customers now) for building a new reactor.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • rollandelliott
    rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for reply photowhit did your set up get rebate money???
    I know in some states rebate money is gone in less than - hr
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for reply photowhit did your set up get rebate money???
    I know in some states rebate money is gone in less than - hr

No, just the federal tax credit, and I did get a great deal on some panels from a warehouse accident, just had to disposed of the cracked ones properly. I found a forum member who was glad to see how much use they could get out of them. 26 cents a watt is still a pretty good price, I didn't try to take the tax credit on them, since the insurance paid off on the pallet i figured I'm the 2nd owner...lol.

Mom's in Florida, one of those states were the rebates go within a day! I think Ameren has a pretty large amount set aside.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.