Evergreen Panel Installation Instructions

A year ago, when I ordered a pallet of Evergreen modules, I found a PDF containing the high wind mounting instructions for the Evergreen ES-E-220W panels. I cannot seem to find where I stashed the copy of that file after I downloaded it. Would someone who has Evergreen panels still have a copy of the mounting instruction PDF? The only instructions I find online today are abbreviated, and do not include any dimensions for where the mounting rails belong.

The mounting instructions I am looking for were very explicit about where to mount all three rails (yes 3) if you wanted to get the 80lbs/sq.ft. pressure rating. With two rails, you could only get ~60lbs/sq.ft. I know in my head where those three rails all go, but the structural engineer will want to see that sheet. (Mid point of each panel along the 68" dimension +/- 1", and 11-15" in from each end). Most people may think I'm overkilling it with the 80lbs/sq.ft. pressure rating, but consider that I live within 2 miles of the Atlantic Ocean in South Florida. I took two direct hits from hurricanes in 2004, three weeks apart, and I witnessed first hand the destruction that Hurricane Andrew brought to Homestead in 1992. I like overkill, especially when it involves something attached to my roof.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• peakbagger
    peakbagger Solar Expert Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Re: Evergreen Panel Installation Instructions

I have a PDF of the ES-E Mounting guide, PM me with an adress that will accept a 1.5 MB file. Looks like you want figure 12
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's still up on a european site;

Linky to http://evergreen.skookumx.com/upload/mounting_guide/2010_SEPT_MG_ES-E_ETL_RevA_Hi-Res.pdf

I can't see the evergreen site up at all now, they were bought in total by a China group, but perhaps they disolved after the tarrifs, Thanks SolarWorld...

Since the info might not be on the web long, it might be prudent to download all the available information;

Link to more ES-E downloads.

The website is slow loading (for me) it might not even be active just a forgotten archive.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • where2
    where2 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Photowhit wrote: »
    I think it's still up on a european site...

Thank you Photowhit and Peakbagger. The links Photowhit provided included the exact documents I was looking for. Specifically, Figure 12 as Peakbagger had pointed out. (although I grabbed every file that was still a valid link).

Now, to get the structural engineering necessary to keep these panels on the roof...