Solar Powered Air Conditioner

Options
I am building a green house in Las Vegas, NV....I have been all over looking for efficient solar air conditioners...bascially the best that I found was the 1.5 ton Securus system that ties to 2-3 panels.
It is a split-duct system but I will be installing a mini-duct system in the new house. Anyone have any additional information in regards to their new system and new units that they launched in the US.
There will be an install in my area....of course they are made in China...but everything I looked at was not practical and not available....these units are available...still searching for the best solar panels and system to run the other things in the house (dishwasher, dryer, refrigerator)....I am looking to over produce during the day and live on the credits at night since the battery systems are very expensive....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....I have been reading this forum and decided to jump in...any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• sargcj
    sargcj Registered Users Posts: 13
    Options
    Re: Newbie looking for help and tips on a complete solar setup

This wasn't really related to Air conditioners but if you should be able to take what was in this thread and select your AC units and figure up the amount of power you need. If you use AC(As in AC & DC) Air conditioner Unit(s) figure up the total, add a little bit for a bit of leeway and any converter/inverter units and you can get however much you can fit or afford. If you want to make sure that even at or near peak usage some is still charging the batteries you will probably need to figure up a little more than what you already got then. I'm no expert like these fellas are, just offering some advice based on what I learned here. Also since nobody has replied to my thread in a few days they have probably figured the majority of it has been solved, it might be best to start a new thread with more info on what you can afford or how much space you got, etc.

Edit(If you can find specific Solar or DC Air-conditioner units look up the specs and do it that way.)
    I am building a green house in Las Vegas, NV....I have been all over looking for efficient solar air conditioners...bascially the best that I found was the 1.5 ton Securus system that ties to 2-3 panels.
    It is a split-duct system but I will be installing a mini-duct system in the new house. Anyone have any additional information in regards to their new system and new units that they launched in the US.
    There will be an install in my area....of course they are made in China...but everything I looked at was not practical and not available....these units are available...still searching for the best solar panels and system to run the other things in the house (dishwasher, dryer, refrigerator)....I am looking to over produce during the day and live on the credits at night since the battery systems are very expensive....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....I have been reading this forum and decided to jump in...any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Back to my last post...
    Assuming I went with a 7x14' trailer about how much roughly do you think I could fit on there? I think you said around 2kW for the 6x'10 or 6x12', whichever I mentioned earlier on.

And I picked(internet shopping/research for now) a 10kW rated unit 11kW or so surge I think generator, However I don't think it's rated amps met or exceeded my amp draw on my list of equipment. Is that a potential screw-up waiting to happen? I rounded up for switches in equipment and possible additions to ~6-8kW (peak/everything running) so I have enough power in terms of watts.
    I want everything to be able to run off of the generator Just in case, but I still want 1.5-3kw(whatever is possible for me within size limits) of a solar/battery setup. I also want a "2 way" inverter/charger system with a switch if that is possible so everything can be swapped and run off battery or generator if the need arose.
    (Or it could be setup like I originally had mentioned just a full all run into together and when the batteries get low cycle on, but considering the usage I don't think I'll be running long with battery only, even if some of the stuff was turned off, so the gen is a must.)
  • lasvegassolarguy
    lasvegassolarguy Registered Users Posts: 3
    Options
    Re: battery powered air conditioner?

Has anyone seen the Securus Solar air conditioner in operation? I am told they made improvements and can switch from DC to AC with no problem
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: battery powered air conditioner?

Move all posts into your own thread.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset