Too Good To Be True?

Options
Fatawan
Fatawan Solar Expert Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
Suntech 240 watt poly panels + Solectria PVI inverters + Unirac Solarmount standard racking 10,560 watt system for $1.42/watt for kit

That is the ad I got in my email today. Any opinions on the panels and inverters? I used a Unirac ground mount system for my first array and it was great quality. I can't believe how much pricing has dropped since I bought in Spring of 2011. Wow.

Comments

• Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Too Good To Be True?

Have not seen that particular one, but it does sound a bit fishy - there is bound to be some fine print somewhere in there.

While the price on solar panels has dropped, everything else - mounts, inverters, wire etc. - has gone up.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Too Good To Be True?

Check the Suntech brand (get a data sheet from them). Sun XYZ is a very common name, and there has been confusion over who supplies what at times (and bankruptcy clearances, relabeling, seconds without UL/NRTL stickers, etc.).

Also, with very low prices, it can be difficult for the dealer to manage billing and delivery without confusion (and not much support sometimes too).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset