FYI - DMSolar 145watt pairs on Amazon for $1.10 per watt delivered

DSinOR
DSinOR Registered Users Posts: 18
Pairs of 145w panels, $320, free shipping. Just search Amazon for "DMSolar 145w".

* ISO 9001:2000 Certified
* 3-year workmanship, 90% after 15-year power warranty

Specification:
* 36pcs of 6" poly-crystalline solar cells
* Cell Efficiency: 17%
* Max Voltage: 1000V
* Pmax: 145W
* Vmp: 18.7V
* Imp: 7.75A
* Voc: 22.3V
* Isc: 8.37A
* Size: 58.27"x26.58"x1.38"
* Weight: 26.4lbs

Comments

• marsofold
    marsofold Solar Expert Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Re: FYI - DMSolar 145watt pairs on Amazon for $1.10 per watt delivered

I had a very bad experience with DMSolar. Ordered panels from them. They immediately charged my credit card for panels that never did arrive. They promised daily by email that the panels would arrive the next day. Ignored my demands to cancel the order and refund my money. MONTHS later I was able to get Visa to forcibly reverse the charges. The very next day after the charges were reversed by Visa they emailed me to tell me that they had given me my money back. RUN, do not walk away from DMSolar.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple things, it's 2-145watt panels (other wise they'd be pretty expensive in the current enviroment)

Also the "Fulfillment by Amazon" means they are "Stored, Packed & Shipped by Amazon!" so DM was only the supplier and may hold the warranty card. Amazon has been pretty good for a lot of people.

Also I think we have noted these are NOT UL listed panels so your installation may not qualify for Tax credit, though I have understood the launguage is vauge enough they won't push it, but I also will not be around if they haul you into court looking for their 30% + fines and intrest....
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • ywhic
    ywhic Solar Expert Posts: 621 ✭✭

I have 6 from Amazon and all is well thus far in my limited testing.. got 9.2 amps and 116 watts from my controller for a single panel and thats with 15 feet of PV 10AWG wire.

I may grab a double pack and be at 8 and max out my 12v plans..

The price is great and shipping from Amazon thus far has proved great.. received all the panels within 5-6 days of order.

These 145s have been around since March and DM keeps getting them and selling them..

Not UL listed.. Specs on panel stickers are 8.05 IMP and 18 VMP.. Made in Taiwan.