Thank you all

Options
97TJ
97TJ Solar Expert Posts: 68 ✭✭
Just a note of thanks to everyone on this forum. I finally got to spend a week up at the cabin I am building and although it is not complete, it is liveable. This is my first week with my solar power installed and I am so happy with the way things are working out. I am not using vasts amounts of power but to be able to run a couple of fans at night without running a generator all night long or to have a fridge (freezer conversion) and eliminate the need for coolers and ice is wonderful. I was able to run my fridge, watch TV a few hours a night, charge cell phones and two-way radios, run couple of fans 24/7 and of course run lights as needed. I still have to hook up my water but that is the only thing I am lacking. Thanks again everyone for all of your help.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Thank you all

You are very welcome.

Have you monitored your power usage and see the battery getting fully charged every day (or so)?

Also, if you want to document your system here--I am sure others would be interested.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭
    Options

Take some pictures!
  • 97TJ
    97TJ Solar Expert Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options

The last thing I got done before leaving was the installation of the battery monitor. I will get more information next time I'm up there and take some pictures also.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please fill in your sig. line too so we can know what the pictures show... tks

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada