24v or 12v inverter & bank??

Options
1235»

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: 24v or 12v inverter & bank??

i don't think the exeltech will meet the $ requirement he's looking for.

my gut feel is that the sa2000 should handle it, but who am i to question one of their reps?
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Niel, In post #120. Al stated he might like to get a quality 24 volt inverter up to $600.00 that could do the job. Our host has the Exeltech XP 1100 24 volt inverter for $612.00 which is preety close to his spending limit. Inverter can supply 3 times its rated output to start motors. Niel did you mean the inverter is too small to handle his requirements or that the cost of inverter is more than Al wants to spend? The 300% surge should be be 27.5 amp. :DSolarvic:D
  • ywhic
    ywhic Solar Expert Posts: 621 ✭✭
    Options
    solarvic wrote: »
    Niel, In post #120. Al stated he might like to get a quality 24 volt inverter up to $600.00 that could do the job. Our host has the Exeltech XP 1100 24 volt inverter for $612.00 which is preety close to his spending limit. Inverter can supply 3 times its rated output to start motors. Niel did you mean the inverter is too small to handle his requirements or that the cost of inverter is more than Al wants to spend? The 300% surge should be be 27.5 amp. :DSolarvic:D

I only see 1100 watt and 2200 watt numbers.. I don't see the X2 option and 20w draw seems abit high.. I did see something about 300% its rated number then clipping..
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also thought the 20 watt draw is a little high. Probably worth the extra for the x-2 option. This was just a sugestion and I don,t know if it will work for you. The exeltechs have an expected 20 year life span which should make them worth a premium. Solarvic
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    solarvic wrote: »

i'll stand corrected as i overlooked the $600 statement and thought he wanted it in the same $ area as the prowatt. my mistake.