Config software

new_solar
new_solar Registered Users Posts: 2
Hey all. Great forum!
Does anyone know where to get the config software for Xantrex GT 3.8 SP?
I have a new one installed and would like to have the sw available.

thanks

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Re: Config software

Do you want to reconfigure your GT inverter? Or just connect it to a small computer and log the data.

As far as I know (which ain't much :p), configuration software is a Factory/Installer option only (with passwords to change anything "critical").

For logging, there is this free software:

www.solar-guppy.com

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • new_solar
    new_solar Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi BB,
    i'm trying right now to put the sgt working. i'm having some configuration problemas but hope to solve them soon.
    afterwards want to try to gather all the history data to clarify some issues regarding the production, efficency,... Hope it goes well.
    but i would like to have the configuration sw, think is 'gtconfig' for what i've searched. it's a nice to have but it would be important.

thanks
    P
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin

GT Inverters are pretty simple. Connect Hot/Neutral/Hot (120/240 split phase) and earth ground. And just the +/- wires from your (properly configured) solar array. Then turn on the breakers/switches.

If you have something not working, check the AC neutral/ground connections (older GT inverters did not even connect the neutral--Mine was replaced and they simply took the neutral lead and attached it to chassis ground to measure 120 vac between hots and "neutral").

Otherwise, frequency (if you have a real noise AC line such as heavy machinery, arc/spot welding, high-freq welding, I guess it would be possible to confuse the frequency measurements--Also, most AC generators do not supply accurate enough AC frequency to sync with GT inverters), and high/low voltage would be the other major "external" to the GT inverter issues.

A "DC Ground Fault" is a possibility. The inverter typically grounds one leg of the array through a 1 amp fuse--If there is a short from the other leg to ground, it blows the fuse and shuts down the inverter (some inverters require a service person to reset the error--Don't know about the Xantrex).

Do you get any error messages? Does it work for a while, fault, then timeout for ~5 minutes and attempt to restart?

Otherwise, what is your array voltage? Is it somewhere between 250 and 500 VDC during the middle of the day?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset