The worst energy scam I've encountered yet!

waynefromnscanada
waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
This video will turn you're stomach, knowing many trusting folks who can least afford it, will be sucked in by these criminals.
"Build your own wind turbine that will produce up to 450 watts even on calm days when you think there's no wind at all", is just one of the many "amazing" statements. I couldn't watch the whole thing. Why are these scams permitted to advertise such horse manure?
http://www.power4home.com/MakeElectricity.php?hop=realitys&bck=0

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: The worst energy scam I've encountered yet!

Lack of solid consumer protection laws (hanging such offenders would be a good deterrent; they'd never commit the same crime twice like they do now).

Note that the phrase "up to 450 Watts" includes the starting point of zero Watts, which you can bet will be what you get most of the time. Especially on calm days when you think there's no wind at all (because there isn't).

If everyone would learn Newton's Laws they could save themselves a ton of trouble.

My slightly fuzzy memory recalls "power4home" turning up as a link spammer here once, which sort of says it all.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭

That video has made me realize that all of us here are just dupes or co-conspirators with the government and evil corporations. We should be ashamed of ourselves for telling people convenient lies like Newton's Laws and the so-called Laws of Thermodynamics! And believing that experience is any substitute for good marketing.

:-)

It felt just like watching an infomercial on TV. But at least those are subject to some regulation.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • peakbagger
    peakbagger Solar Expert Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

I ran into an article that spammers intentionally dont even clean up their e-mails, they figure there is one small portion of the population that are so gullible that they will read the spam and the odds are much higher than the general population that these gullible folks will bite for the scam.

Unfortunately, if its not solar, its how to stretch your gas mileage by generating hydrogen with your alternator.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    peakbagger wrote: »
    Unfortunately, if its not solar, its how to stretch your gas mileage by generating hydrogen with your alternator.

You mean that doesn't work either?
    :-)
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Wayne I know a better scam than the one you have shown its homemadeenergy.com you buy the CD .But there is one small problem. The CD is BLANK. Everyone thinking of buying one of these systems should see that site and read the customers questions to the site owners . Yhe owners of the site dont read them or reply.
  • Dill
    Dill Solar Expert Posts: 170 ✭✭

this clown lives in Duluth? I hope his computer was flooded by the bad flood up there a few days ago. What a joke
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    This video will turn you're stomach, knowing many trusting folks who can least afford it, will be sucked in by these criminals.
    "Build your own wind turbine that will produce up to 450 watts even on calm days when you think there's no wind at all", is just one of the many "amazing" statements. I couldn't watch the whole thing. Why are these scams permitted to advertise such horse manure?
    http://www.power4home.com/MakeElectricity.php?hop=realitys&bck=0
    Any pitch which contains that "up to" phrase is enough to send me running for the nearest exit irrespective of what else is being claimed. It's the loophole that allows them to get away with this crap and I take it to mean "everything else I have told you is a lie". It amazes me that charlatans like these guys can sell enough of their crapola even to pay for their ads until I remember that 50% of all the people that I encounter have an IQ of less than 100. That also has political ramifications, but I won't go there. ;^)