Battery Watering Technologies

arkieoscar
arkieoscar Solar Expert Posts: 101 ✭✭
Hi all,
I did a search and thought it might be best to post a new thread in this forum about the title product.
I have an older client with a 24V forklift battery. When I went down there last week, I found a couple of cells almost dry and asked her about it. Seems she is having trouble seeing in to the cells and I'm worried the battery will suffer if I don't add an automatic watering system. From links in previous threads, I looked at a couple and this one seems the best suited for her battery.
Has anyone had this system in operation for any length of time? If so, what are your opinions on it. I am certainly open to any other systems that would would be reliable. The battery is General (Enersys) 125G X 2.
Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Battery Watering Technologies

i can't speak of the auto watering systems, but i am concerned of your saying a few cells are nearly dry. bad things usually happen quickly to the plates after being exposed to the air and usually it doesn't last too long. a watering system may still be needed for her next set of batteries.
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    Re: Battery Watering Technologies

They do make Manual water battery fillers. They come in different levels of the depth added.
    You can feel the air & hear the gurgle . As long as you don't squeeze the filler, once setup there very close, it's better than running dry.
    I have used some on almost impossible to see.

YMMV

VT