Solar Powered Parking Meters Come to Birmingham University

Options
RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
Students and faculty at the Birmingham University will no longer have to worry about carrying enough quarters to ensure that the parking meter lasts the three hour lecture. In fact, with the new solar powered parking meters that are installed, they simply need not carry any quarters at all. No more searching around for coins [...]Related posts:Eco Gadgets: Solar powered parking meters for New York City‘Meterless’ Parking Meters Run On...

go to solarfeeds for the rest of this story>>>>>solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=5kkhfoiIR7E:-yW_S4GrIzQ:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=5kkhfoiIR7E:-yW_S4GrIzQ:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
5kkhfoiIR7E

More...

Comments

• ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Solar Powered Parking Meters Come to Birmingham University
    RSSfeed wrote: »
    Students and faculty at the Birmingham University will no longer have to worry about carrying enough quarters to ensure that the parking meter lasts the three hour lecture. In fact, with the new solar powered parking meters that are installed, they simply need not carry any quarters at all. No more searching around for coins [...]Related posts:Eco Gadgets: Solar powered parking meters for New York City‘Meterless’ Parking Meters Run On...

There are solar parking meters all over downtown Houston. Many are under trees and on the north sides of tall buildings with no exposure to direct sunlight - ever. I wonder how effective they are.