Missouri Wind and Solar Turbine, anyone try them?

13»

Comments

• Polaraco
    Polaraco Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Missouri Wind and Solar Turbine, anyone try them?
    20yrDCman wrote: »
    Missouri wind and solar has a bunch of happy customers including me. Yes I've seen the negative videos out there but they are all from the same couple people with diferent user names including some competitors. I had a Falcon mach3 mounted on my roof that I loved. They let me change out the pma to their new dual which still worked with the falcon blades and the output was doubling. Yeah I think 2800 watts was achieved in a little higher winds but it'll do it. I can't say enough how much I love their products and performance. They're well built too and made in the USA. I checked into their reviews on ebay before I purchased which was great. I really enjoy Jeff's how to videos and he was really the first one.
    I have it connected in parallel but series connection allows you to double the voltage output when the winds are low or for stepping to higher voltages. The only thing I didn't like is they didn't label which output wire was for higher voltage but was able to figure that out by letting it spin and checking which one made more voltage.

With all due respect to this forum and the fine people that run it. Your first paragraph needs allot of straightening out. There are more videos than those brought to your attention. And for your information, the competitors have been silent. That's because they have legal actions they are doing against Missouri Wind owners. The people you have seen are the ones who had the seeds to stand up and say enough to Missouri Winds Owner. There is positive proof his wind turbines DO NOT produce as advertised. I personally couldn't get more than 4 amps out of 2 of his 1500's. But have seen 50 Amps @ 24VDC out of 4-500's in 22 MPH winds. For those who can't put the pieces together, that 3000 watts of MW vs. 2000 Watts of TDynes. Everybody knows the small alternator PMA's are not the worlds answer to the energy industry. But they are small and economical. But I would like to get what I paid for. I further, as everyone else who is sitting on MW's butt, have been threatened and abused by the owner.

Further, there is absolutely no reason to run the PMA's in Series. They are not as efficient running them that way. If you are satisfied with low output, that's your money. I have been trying to get mine back.

Oh yeah. The happy customers have to be more than 2 years old when MW was a TDyne distributor. Or they are happy looking at single digit numbers go up and down. ***Chest puffs out*** Ohhhh Look what I did! They don't knw the difference because they got sucked in on a bunch of blind propaganda. I have to tell you, his videos have NO FACTS. They are ignerant guesses. Wait until I finish my next string of videos.

You want to see how to do wind the right way? Keep an eye on me. And these guys are teaching me solar. Doing a good job too.
  • Polaraco

Here again I watched a video of a dual PMA last night. For all I know it was yours.

Here's my read on that setup.
    First of all, the voltage is way too low. I noticed the voltage went up from 1.? to 12, but the current stayed at 23.? Amps. Interesting. My bet is the DC meter shunt is mismatched. That is a known trick by MW when he does his videos. And the wiring! Good thing that structure isn't attached.

OH WAIT! I SEE A SOLAR PANEL. THAT'S EVEN WORSE!

BB You're Non-bias. Take a look at the meter readings and comment. BTW, try not to laugh too much at the wire octopus

caution to those that watch the video as there is quite a bit of foul language at some points of the video. niel

[video owner has taken it private... -Bill B. Moderator]...
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Oh my.
    That is so bad I just don't know what to say.
    The wiring is a disaster waiting to happen. A 24 Volt system shouldn't be allowed to drop below 24 Volts. That GT system is in no way safe or legal. The narrative ...

It's people like that that cause fires.

The only part that doesn't surprise me is the current (top meter) bouncing all over the place (including negative numbers) with the variable winds. That's one of the time-honoured problems of wind power: inconsistent velocity makes for poor power production. Seems the peak is around 345 Watts. Amps alone is not the issue: Amps * Volts = Watts (like I have to reiterate that?) Of course some of the power is being lost in undersized wires and an excess of semiconductors.

I can do better than that with solar panels any day.

Anyone is free to disagree with me, but don't try starting any arguments. Just now I have a very low tolerance for "stupid". :roll:
  • Polaraco
    Oh my.
    That is so bad I just don't know what to say.
    The wiring is a disaster waiting to happen. A 24 Volt system shouldn't be allowed to drop below 24 Volts. That GT system is in no way safe or legal. The narrative ...

It's people like that that cause fires.

The only part that doesn't surprise me is the current (top meter) bouncing all over the place (including negative numbers) with the variable winds. That's one of the time-honoured problems of wind power: inconsistent velocity makes for poor power production. Seems the peak is around 345 Watts. Amps alone is not the issue: Amps * Volts = Watts (like I have to reiterate that?) Of course some of the power is being lost in undersized wires and an excess of semiconductors.

I can do better than that with solar panels any day.

Anyone is free to disagree with me, but don't try starting any arguments. Just now I have a very low tolerance for "stupid". :roll:

LOL Your reaction was priceless.
    If you read the comments, these guys think that is absolutely fabulous. These are the same people we have been fighting with and now the riff raff is starting to trickle in here.

Oh I have a low tolerance for Stupid too. Just remember, "They're amongst us" LOL

Edit
    OMG You know what? I never even turned the sound on and listen to the babble he was saying. I just watched the metering, looked around, got sick to my stomach, and left my .02 on that video. My apologies for posting it. I was pretty colorful today. Just felt like it. Had to slither for a few minutes. LOL
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

do not worry as i did forewarn people of the language and i was surprised to hear you were targeted. yes, as he said, the only way to get the good amps from their system is to feed it into dead batteries. allot of good they are if they are dead.:confused::p

come to think of it, how the heck was that a gt system? i may need to view it again just to see that.

i just loved the intermix of batteries too. (sarcasm)
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

in retrospect i guess i should not be surprised as to them targeting you as i just glanced at the number of views on the thread at over 10,200. i can see there is some validity to your concerns with that company if that's their proof of operations. not very professional either as i wouldn't even want to insult mickey mouse in this case. yikes.
  • Polaraco
    niel wrote: »
    in retrospect i guess i should not be surprised as to them targeting you as i just glanced at the number of views on the thread at over 10,200. i can see there is some validity to your concerns with that company if that's their proof of operations. not very professional either as i wouldn't even want to insult mickey mouse in this case. yikes.

Thanks Niel

Yeah I am a target. That's because I am a threat to them. I know too much about wind power. I think I told you the Christmas Story. The professionalizm is staggering isn't it? Because there are so many people who have been burned, we're starting a class action against this bird. That's why I am the target. They're trying to discredit me. I don't know anything about solar at the panel level, but I do know wiring. This site has been invaluable at teaching me the mechanics. But wind, I am much better at.

Missouri wind is actually paying people to do this. Real smart people. That's why I am sueing the slug
  • Polaraco

I wonder if the meters are backwards? Wouldn't it make more sense if the voltage was 23 and the current was 1.? That's the history
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Polaraco wrote: »
    I wonder if the meters are backwards? Wouldn't it make more sense if the voltage was 23 and the current was 1.? That's the history

That was my interpretation: the upper meter shows the current bouncing all over the place and the lower shows the "output Voltage from the turbine only" ('cause he's god a diode in there!) sadly languishing far below acceptable charge Voltage.

If it was averaging 10 Amps at 28.8 Volts I'd say it's viable. Sub-system Voltage and wildly fluctuating current means nothing. As it is, the whole set-up shown is just a pile of junk and the person responsible for it has only managed to demonstrate he doesn't know enough about electricity to be messing with it.
  • Polaraco
    niel wrote: »

Boss. . .

This 20 Yr guy is one of the loud mouth commenters on that video. It's almost word for word coming from Billythekid. Just saying
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

One big problem I see in that video is the way he is measuring turbine output voltage vs battery voltage. He is just going through a diode, so the wind turbine voltage will probably never get above .7 or so volts higher than the battery voltage - basic diode drop, since it is apparently not a Schottky diode, but just a rectifier diode. The statement he makes about how he routinely lets his batteries get down to 18 volts is a bit scary also.
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

This thread is now locked. While it started out as a valid critique of some wind turbine products, it has seems to have drawn the attention of a few people with a personal vendetta against the company, and other rabid attacks on anyone that criticizes the company or products.

That is not what this forum is for. Discussing the good and bad points of a product is fine, but at least a couple of posts have crossed the line on personal attacks, and that will not be allowed.
This discussion has been closed.