Interfacing with many Xantrex GT Inverters using RS232

Options
Hello,

I am new using Xantrex Inverter and I have some questions:

1- If it is possible using the RS232 port of the GT Inverter to use Modbus or it only admits ASCII Commands.
2- It is Xanbus the same that Modbus over CAN? If this is true, can I use the modbus memory map of the GT Inverter? And what is the addressing in this case?
3- Can I use the RS232 to communicate with many inverters taht are connected one another using xanbus? What RS232 ASCCI commands I need to use in that case?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Interfacing with many Xantrex GT Inverters using RS232
    Java_user wrote: »
    Hello,

I am new using Xantrex Inverter and I have some questions:

1- If it is possible using the RS232 port of the GT Inverter to use Modbus or it only admits ASCII Commands.
    2- It is Xanbus the same that Modbus over CAN? If this is true, can I use the modbus memory map of the GT Inverter? And what is the addressing in this case?
    3- Can I use the RS232 to communicate with many inverters taht are connected one another using xanbus? What RS232 ASCCI commands I need to use in that case?

Thank you very much.

1) Plain Ascii only
    2) Its CAN physically, Xanbus protocol is based on NMEA2000
    3) No

This is free monitoring software, nothing more can be queried from a Xantrex GT that this software does

http://www.solar-guppy.com/download/sg_view_151.zip
  • Java_user
    Java_user Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options
    Re: Interfacing with many Xantrex GT Inverters using RS232

And, how can the SG-View or the GT-view give the system total energy of many GT Inverters joined by xanbus? Are there RS232 ASCII commands for that?

Thank you.