SUCCESS! Success with Wind Turbins. Solar is next

Polaraco
Polaraco Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭
At the Advice of BB, I am starting this thread.

Hi All

Obviously I am a newer member, some of you already know me from my videos and my rabble rousing with Missouri Wind and Solar. I am refering back to a thread I woke up earlier today about them being bad. I lost 5K on them, but I didn't give up. BTW, the replacements were my solar panel money. Ugh

I installed 2- 1500 watt Missouri junk turbines on a 24VDC Buss back in November. Also 2- Outback Grid Tie 2435's or is it 3524? Whatever. :blush: We had allot more wind then, and I was greatly disappointed. I couldn't get more than 4 amps in 20 MPH winds.

30 days later I replaced them with 2-500 watt Thermodyne units. http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/ That was done between Xmas and New Year. The next heavy winds we got I registered a vast improvement. The winds logged the day I did the video were only 12.5 gusts.

Here's the video.

And for the next few weeks it continued to be successful. I realize it's not allot, but the breaking point for dramatic output is around 13 to 14 MPH winds. But compared to what I was getting, it was a vast improvement.

Since then, I have added 2 more 500 watt gensets. I learned allot from this, and it's hard to describe it all.

Here's the video on the doubles. It explains it all

The good news is they are ready. The bad news is there are tons of sunspots and the results are NO WIND! :grr

I am putting together a video on the do's and don'ts of the turbines. How to select them, what you need to know, ect. I hope to have it done in a week or so. I do have a prototype running up to the chart I am making for selecting the right unit for the right wind. Something I learned as a result.

That's why I am here. To learn about Solar Power

Thanks.

Comments

• Polaraco
    Polaraco Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: SUCCESS! Success with Wind Turbins. Solar is next

By the way, Windy Nations is another good system. I chose Thermodyne because it was a direct replacement, right up to the mounting.

Seems Missouri Wind and Solar stole the designs and did poor copies of them. The Thermodyne ,ounting hardware is much better than MW's.