Magnum AGS-N

Options
I've finally got my off grid install complete. Some of you may remember me from a few months ago but I've been gone, being REAL busy getting this house finished.

With the system now powered up working I have a huge off grid learning curve. This is a great forum to turn to with these questions.

I've got an interesting problem with the Magnum AGS-N. It is tied to a Magnum 48v PAE and a Magnum BMK and starts a Kubota SQ1200 diesel generator. The AGS will start the genset manually (gen ON) and tests out by pushing the TEST button but it will not start the genset automatically. I have been over this thing a million times and cannot get it to start using the AMP parameter. The VOLT parameter and SOC parameter cannot be met because the batteries are fully charged and the parameters are turned OFF. All other parameters are OFF so as to not muddy to auto start test. The AMP parameter is being used as a test parameter...

I called Magnum and worked with the tech for about 15 minutes going over all the settings and they could not give me an answer. The next test will be to move the 120sec window before starting to zero and the 60 sec warmup to zero.

I could type a book on the setting I have right now, but I was wondering if anyone has a secret to get this to start that I or Magnum may have missed.

THANKS...
Paul
3500w solar, 800AH with Rolls Surrette, Magnum inverter, Midnite charge controller, Kubota 21kW diesel genset...private well...and just recently connected to city power for additional options...nice to have options 

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Magnum AGS-N

if i read you rightly you need to sense the grid ac voltage to know if it needs to switch the generator on. if this is the case try this,
    http://www.magnumenergy.com/Products/ME-RC.htm
  • plongson
    plongson Solar Expert Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Magnum AGS-N

I'm not sure anymore ...my thought is if the inverter sees a flow of power, the ags should start the generator at the preset threshold. Remember, this is just testing the auto start function, not setting a real parameter.
    3500w solar, 800AH with Rolls Surrette, Magnum inverter, Midnite charge controller, Kubota 21kW diesel genset...private well...and just recently connected to city power for additional options...nice to have options