CFL sale at Home Depot 85 cents/4

Options
James
James Solar Expert Posts: 250 ✭✭
Hello folks, I was just at my Home Depot here in Michigan and found a 4 pack of 60 watt equv. CFL on special for 85 cents. yep, 85 cent for four lamps. Of course they are made in china.
They are called ECOSMART 60 watt equv/14 watt instant on.. 2700k color temp so, not the brightest white. I just replaced a reading lamp with one. it did turn on instantly, but i still saw the normal few second of warmup for full intensity. will they last? Who knows, but for 85 cent/4, i'll try them. thought i would pass it on.

Comments

• solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: CFL sale at Home Depot 85 cents/4

That is cheap. Most of these lights are made out of the country. Most of light bulb plants now closed down. Goodbye to more american jobs.. :Dsolarvic:D
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

that isn't bad. that's about half the cost i've seen cfls for around here that i got at lowes. i would imagine home depot would've had them locally too. the local electric utility sponsored it to reduce the pricing.
  • James
    James Solar Expert Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options

yes, i believe it was a utility sponsored thing as the display was plastered with DTE Energy logos and conservation images.
    I could find anything that directly noted the sponsorship, but energy companies don't spend advertising money for nothing....oh wait, maybe they do!
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

Saw the same kind of deal at Wal-mart.These were the 60 watt equivalent for 47 cents a 6 pack. Somehow "sponsored" by Com ed (the local power company).Had to pick up a few 6 packs for that price.