AGS end criteria

Options
pedro65
pedro65 Registered Users Posts: 21
Checking on my AGS function prior to the beginning of the real winter. I am not sure what the AGS is using as a stop function when using the flex net. Does it require a complete charge with an end amps as I do when it is charging from the panels, or will it default to the FX setting for absorb time?

Ideally I would like it set so that I get the batteries back up to a 90% state of charge or so if the genset has to run because of extended bad weather. This is a weekend house so it needs to function pretty autonomously. I need to keep the power going for a fridge and heating system to prevent a freeze up in the plumbing.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: AGS end criteria

The Flexnet is a battery monitoring system; it doesn't actually have an AGS function as such. Outback specifically recommends using the AGS control of the MATE instead. The programming info for that starts on page 74 of the manual: http://www.outbackpower.com/pdf/manuals/mate.pdf

If you're using the Flexnet's relay for the AGS the MATE programming will control it. You have to tell it which FX has the gen connected (you probably have only one) - the AGS "port". A DC genset is another matter, but it can control that also.

From there you get into the really heavy programming: Start/stop/quiet times, warm up/cool down time, start Voltage, load start/stop, state of charge (monitored by the Flexnet) start/stop, and probably a dozen other things.

Read the manual while you poke through the screens and get a "feel" for it. Outback's programming is very thorough, but also very complex.
  • pedro65
    pedro65 Registered Users Posts: 21
    Options

Thanks. I have been the manual a few times, think I understand the advanced controls pretty well, but once you start having to reference between three different manuals (Mate, FX, FN-DC) I find myself getting a little lost.

I suspect that the answer is that the FN-DC really doesn't have anything to do with the AGS on my system, I can just set my charge parameters on the fX side of things.

P
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    pedro65 wrote: »
    Thanks. I have been the manual a few times, think I understand the advanced controls pretty well, but once you start having to reference between three different manuals (Mate, FX, FN-DC) I find myself getting a little lost.

I suspect that the answer is that the FN-DC really doesn't have anything to do with the AGS on my system, I can just set my charge parameters on the fX side of things.

P

Yes; it depends on how it was wired up. Normally the gen start & charging would all be done through the FX. Here's hoping! :D