Inverters For Sale

Options
Wilis
Wilis Solar Expert Posts: 84 ✭✭✭✭
Upgraded my system from 24v to 48v so I have 2 24v inverters for sale.

One is the Exeltech XP1100 XPK-1-2-6-1 made on 8/11/ 2009.
http://www.solar-electric.com/exxp24vol11w.html
This was running a small freeze and my LG double door ref with freezer draw at bottom. No problem running both 24 x 7.

The other is a Magnum MS-AE pure sine wave inverter/charger. Purchased in 7/21/ 2009.
http://www.solar-electric.com/maenms4040wa1.html
This is 240 VAC 4000 watt, I was using it as backup for my well pump. I do have grid and only needed the bigger inverter for water if the grid is down. This comes with the remote battery temp sensor. I would recommend The ME-RC remote control with the Magnum inverter. http://www.solar-electric.com/me-rc50.html

Both inverters have not had any problems. My system is in my basement so equipment has not had to run under high temps. Any questions and price info please PM me. Thanks

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Inverters For Sale

Wilis,
    you can go ahead and state what you are asking for them here if you would like to. any price negotiations though should go privately.
  • Wilis
    Options

Ok Niel,

Thanks for the post. I was thinking 25% off the price would be a good starting point. That would make the Exeltech $450.00 and the Magnum $1595.00. Plus shipping.
  • Wilis
    Options

I would like to repost these two inverters. I find shipping and duty to Canada is a problem for anyone interest there. If you need 240v the Magnum is a fine inverter. It has the charger built in. It will run a 240v AC deep well pump. The Exeltech ran my new LG 25 cubic refrigerator and small freezer 24/7. I don’t know what is a fair price on newer used inverters? If you have an interest PM or email me @ K4wil@hotmail.com. You can also call 423 316 0516 if you have questions. Maybe if I agree to pay for shipping in US it would make more interest. I replaced these inverters with the same brands just 48v. These are excellent 24v inverters for anyone thinking about upgrading from 12v to 24.
  • Wilis
    Options

My definition for “true market value” (TMV): The price someone is willing to pay for something.
    As you see from the postings I am trying to find the “TMV” of these 2 inverters. I don’t know what this price is, but I haven’t reached it yet. So I would like to have anyone interest in owning one of these to help me out.

I will slowly lower the price until someone feels I am at the “TMV”. If you are interested set this value in your mind and when I get there let me know, you can buy one.
    Be careful someone doesn’t think the TMV is higher then you and you miss out on a good inverter.
    I will not list the age and reason I am selling them. You can look back at the earlier post for that information.
    I will pay the postage and insurance in the US. How low will they go??????

Exiltech XP-1100-24v $400.00

Magnum 24v-MS-AE Series Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger $1395.00
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

sounds like we have a reverse auction going on here. instead of starting low and going up we are starting higher and going down. how low do you think they will let you go? i think you should allow more time in between to allow more people to come across what you have to offer. it's either that or put them to ebay where far more people would see them.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or if you really want to sell them, consider this - - - would you yourself purchase used, as is, without warranty or support, when for a little bit more you could have brand new with warranty? Not trying to spoil your sale, just a reality check. If it were me, (and yes I know you're not me) I would delete this thread, re-think the whole thing and if you still want to sell them, start over. And Niel's ebay suggestion is a good one. Best of luck.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options

If you really want to sell, put them on eBay as a no reserve auction.

Typically, a quality sine-wave product expect a 50% of new pricing. Mod-sine, not as much is my experience.
  • Wilis
    Options

Thanks for the posts and advice. I have not used ebay yet because I don’t think most folks there know the difference between the TSW or a MSW. Most folks here are looking to learn and have a system that works for years. I believe both companies make their equipment in the USA. These inverters are made by good companies that make fine equipment. Much of the equipment I see on ebay is from the cheaper companies. As long as this forum lets me post, I will be much happier selling to someone here. Yes I will go there in the end if I fail here. I will receive about the same price here as I will on ebay. I will get to 50% off if that is where the price goes before someone buys them. I would be willing to have someone PM me with a price lower then my posted price. Everyone wants to feel they have made a good deal with their money. Thank again NAWS for the forum and yes I did purchase both inverters from NAWS.
  • Seven
    Seven Solar Expert Posts: 292 ✭✭
    Options

The issues with the sale include the lack of warranty, the sale price, and the fact that doing a person to person transaction is not always legit when shipping is involved. I bought a bare bones computer from a guy for $400 once. After almost 4 months of sent emails, after I paid, I finally received it. The power supply was bad. I didnt find that out until I had assembled everything. The supply cost me another 250 and itmwas one of the reasons I had bought it.

When I first saw the ad I almost sent you a PM offering $1300 for the pair plus shipping. I thought it to be a fair price for the used equipment. I then thought about the computer. I'm just not willing to spend $1500 to take a chance that I might get a couple of pieces of working equipment. Nothing against you personally, I just got burned 8 years ago and it haunts me. I may get a great deal or I could get nothing. Too risky.

Again, nothing personal, just letting you know where I stand.
  • Wilis
    Options

The Magnum MS-AE inverter is sold. I would still like to sell the Exeltech. Thanks Wilis
  • Wilis
    Options

Sorry Seven for the bad experience. Yes there are many people that are willing to cheat others. I many time spend more to purchase new, but have also purchased used and been very happy. These inverters are just as I have listed. You receive them in the original box with all manuals I received when they were new. The Magnum has already shipped and will be received by the new owner tomorrow.

Now for the Exeltech, I still have not sold it. It is time to move a little lower.

New price on Exeltech $375.00. Thanks
  • drew4justice
    drew4justice Solar Expert Posts: 36
    Options

I can vouch for Willis. I bought his IOTA power supply and it was perfectly as described and at a great price.

Drew
  • Wilis
    Options

Still looking for a new home for the Exeltech 24v 1100. $350.00

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilis wrote: »
    Still looking for a new home for the Exeltech 24v 1100. $350.00

Wish it was a 12V. <sigh>
  • Seven
    Options

I may have to bite on that one. I need one that size.
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seven I got the Magnum and it looks like new. I have comfidence in willis that you won,t get ripped off. I got mine 3 days after I paid him. solarvic
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭
    Options

I'm tempted too, but I cant quite justify it since I have the 12V version, but nothing is holding me to 12V :roll:
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭
    Options
    solar_dave wrote: »
    Wish it was a 12V. <sigh>

Ditto. If it was it would already be sitting in my garage waiting for installation. ;)
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is
  • Seven
    Options

Pm sent on the inverter
  • Wilis
    Options

Seven, PMed back with instruction for payment. Thanks
  • Seven
    Options

Payment sent to you ineedmoreletters.
  • Seven
    Options

Inverter received. Great condition, as described.

I was very nervous buying a piece of used electronics. Thank you for keeping it in such good shape and shipping with all of the documentation.