setting up my solar panel system to run my pump!

Options
2»

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: setting up my solar panel system to run my pump!

Not the same way--No...

AGM's, if subjected to too high of charging voltage can generate too much pressure internally and vent. Since the battery will vent gas and electrolyte and is otherwise sealed, excessive venting will lead to early battery failure.

Using a good quality charge controller with a remote battery temperature sensor will help.

On the other hand, Concorde AGM batteries actually recommend a pretty severe (high) recharging voltage to "desulfate". So, at least this brand, seems to be pretty rugged (other sealed/AGMs would probably not survive such charging profiles).

Again, I am no expert in batteries--so take what I say with a grain of salt.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: setting up my solar panel system to run my pump!

One thing about golf cart batteries: they tend to be 6 Volt 220 Amp hours. So two in series would give you plenty of power to run the inverter & pump, but would require more panel to properly recharge (about 400 Watts worth).

Bill; nobody is a "battery expert"! Anyone who claims they are is ... something else. :roll: