Tristar mppt 60

2»

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: how to set up this webpage
    yaohj wrote: »
    could you please tell me how to set up this webpage?

Could you elaborate on the problem? Are you having difficulty with the functioning of the forum web site?
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭
    Re: Tristar mppt 60

He's probably having issues setting up his Tristar 60 on the web.

yaohj - did you read the previous pages? It goes into pretty good detail. ;)

I wish my Xantrex mppt was that easy to view online!:grr
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    boB wrote: »
    Damani, we've been working on an inverter for about a year and 1/2 or so.

Yes, iPhones (etc.) will be part of the logging too. It's the "in" thing y a know !
    What do they say ? "There's an app for that"...

boB

Quote: "You are doing a great job at Midnite..."

I didn't know some of you work for/own that company. Given that fact, I ask:

Would it be possible, or even allowed by the moderators, to make a comparison here between the new Classic controller and the venerable Outback 80? What I have in mind is something similar to those "comparisons" you can make in cars manufacturers pages.

Thanks.
  • Cariboocoot
    JESSICA wrote: »
    Quote: "You are doing a great job at Midnite..."

I didn't know some of you work for/own that company. Given that fact, I ask:

Would it be possible, or even allowed by the moderators, to make a comparison here between the new Classic controller and the venerable Outback 80? What I have in mind is something similar to those "comparisons" you can make in cars manufacturers pages.

Thanks.

Product comparisons and reviews are perfectly acceptable. That's what this section is for. :D
    But please start a new thread for it.
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    Product comparisons and reviews are perfectly acceptable. That's what this section is for. :D
    But please start a new thread for it.

Cariboocoot:

Thanks.
    I am not the right man for the job. What I had in mind was that those members of this Forum who worked in the design and manufacture of the Midnite Classic CC may make the comparison.
    Something like this:

CLASSIC/ OUTBACK/ (or XANTREX)

Amps. (Max) Amps. (Max)
    Volts Volts
    Aux. output Aux. output
    Fan Fan
    Web interface Web interface
    Warranty Warranty
    Online help (y/n) Online help (y/n)
    Etc. Etc.

A full comparison would help us, consumers, to make the right decision when the time comes to buy a product to upgrade our systems.

Sorry for the display. I tried to make two columns but it didn't work.
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

There is somewhat of a comparison of MPPT's in the latest Home Power magazine.

I have even been told by one of the competitors on the list that is is not "inaccurate" so that's good ! Whew ! There are even some advantages to competitors' units that are not on the Classic (yet ?) that are in that list as well.

boB
  • Cariboocoot

I have even been told by one of the competitors on the list that is is not "inaccurate" so that's good ! Whew ! There are even some advantages to competitors' units that are not on the Classic (yet ?) that are in that list as well.

boB

boB: three words; integral battery monitor! :D
  • boB
    boB: three words; integral battery monitor! :D

Oh boy I sure hear you there !!!

It's coming too. Just not this week ! :(

boB
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

boB

Got a link, or article name? I just looked online and could not discover one.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• boB
    mike90045 wrote: »
    Got a link, or article name? I just looked online and could not discover one.

It's in the printed magazine. You used to be able to download those but haven't been able to download them for a few years now.

Sometimes they have the articles online but I think only after that particular magazine edition/issue has been out for some time.

I'm not sure how that works with HP magazine these days.

boB
  • rbagwell
    rbagwell Registered Users Posts: 1

The Live Data View has a section called "Resetable Counters" .

How do I reset the counters ?

( so far I can't access the CC via the serial port - but [enet connection] access via the web works fine )

Thanks,

Ralph ralph.bagwell@gmail.com
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

And, Jessica,

Just saw this on the Midnite Soalr site -- A CC Comparison:

http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/comparisonChart.pdf

HTH, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.