6KW Sys--->going for it (questions)

Options
Gentlemen,

I am about to close on a grid tied /battery back up(48v
four 12v /200ah) System

30 Kyocera (KD215GX-LPU)
> pole mount (two large dia pipe in concrete)

Schneider Electric (Xantrex) XW4548 Hybrid unit

My questions: will the XW 4548 handle what the installer has chosen?
Stringing options.?
15 modules/ pole ---->doable?

I've been reading this site for days ----you folks are awesome ( and so patient with us newbies)

Thank you.kindly.

GGK
>(location---> N Western Wisconsin )

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Re: 6KW Sys--->going for it (questions)

Don't spend any money just yet...

Generally, the recommendation for a 4.5 kW XW inverter would be minimum of 450 AH @ 48 Volt battery bank. A 200 AH battery bank sounds quite small if you are planning on supporting 9kW surge current.

And too small a battery bank can be an issue with a large array--The battery bank voltage can surge and over voltage the DC input to the inverter...

Also, a 6.45 kW array with a 4.5 kW GT inverter? Why? Why not the XW6048 (it is not very much more money--and would recommend a minimum of 600 AH @ 48 volt battery bank for 12 kW surge support).

Regarding the pole mount--fixed not tracking? Do you have a structural/Civil Engineer ready to sign off? Do you have high/gusty winds in your area?

What Brand/Model of MPPT charge controller(s) are you planning on using between the array and the battery bank?

Backup generator planned? 120/240 VAC split phase (not 120 VAC only)?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset