If I have it figured out correctly

Options
solar_dave
solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
If I have it figured out correctly, I should be getting a check for the net metering next month in the amount of $247 (3800 kWh) for my grid tie total back feed excess for the year. Nice! :D that just about covers my monthly bills that have been ranging around $23 for all the fees.

Goal achieved, net zero dollars! Should be slightly higher for 2011 as well since we added 2 kW of panels mid year.

Comments

• Jburgess
    Jburgess Solar Expert Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: If I have it figured out correctly
    solar_dave wrote: »
    If I have it figured out correctly, I should be getting a check for the net metering next month in the amount of $247 (3800 kWh) for my grid tie total back feed excess for the year. Nice! :D that just about covers my monthly bills that have been ranging around $23 for all the fees.

Goal achieved, net zero dollars! Should be slightly higher for 2011 as well since we added 2 kW of panels mid year.

Or at lest a billing credit for that amount. Good results either way.

From EPR-6: "The Company shall issue a billing credit to the customer for any remaining Excess Generation balance."
  • solar_dave
    Options
    Jburgess wrote: »
    Or at lest a billing credit for that amount. Good results either way.

From EPR-6: "The Company shall issue a billing credit to the customer for any remaining Excess Generation balance."

Is fine with me, it will take quite a while to burn off the credit. When I spoke with the utility they claimed a check would be cut, but that is just a verbal from the phone monkey! ;)
  • solar_dave
    Options

Well I was off slightly on my calculations, we used more in Dec than I estimated to run the heat pump. The credit was $214 and should carry us for about 8-9 months on the $0 electric bill. :D Also they changed out the meter mid month for a Smart meter it looks like.
    Your online APS e-bill has arrived for Account #: ****; however there is no balance due at this time.

Net electricity credit:
    From your renewable system -$214.77

Dave does the happy man dance!
  • Jburgess
    Jburgess Solar Expert Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Options

Congrats on the bill. Does this make your current price plan the best for you?

Perhaps the meter replacement coincided with the solar switch not getting turned all the way on. Did they replace both meters with “smart surveillance meters” or just the revenue meter?

As for the heat pump, mine suck when we get these freezing nights. On the worst summer day I use 60 KWh daily for A/C. Around new years I used 80 KWh a day for the heat pumps. I guess I’ll have to add a few more panels.
  • solar_dave
    Options
    Jburgess wrote: »
    Congrats on the bill. Does this make your current price plan the best for you?

Perhaps the meter replacement coincided with the solar switch not getting turned all the way on. Did they replace both meters with “smart surveillance meters” or just the revenue meter?

As for the heat pump, mine suck when we get these freezing nights. On the worst summer day I use 60 KWh daily for A/C. Around new years I used 80 KWh a day for the heat pumps. I guess I’ll have to add a few more panels.

Yeah it certainly does look like it happened right at that the day they have listed as the meter change date. Nice catch, I had not thought of that. Just the revenue meter was replaced, but it would not surprise me that they flipped the switch.

Well my worst consumption day was 12/31 at 51kWh more than I generated, certainly heat pump related and I had the new building mini split heat pump going that day as well. Seems the Trane does OK as the house consumption was 55 kWh for that day and the new building was 27 kWh for that day, but I was in and out of that all day with the overhead door opened and closed a few times in the day. I did notice that some caulking is needed around the overhead door, light peaking out around the moldings.

Already started on a kWh bank for 2011 however, this spring should be interesting with the new panels installed.

As far as switching plans, I am going to start the raw data collection (minute data) next weekend, and should have a pretty good idea of the profile of the data in a couple months.
  • solar_dave
    Options

OH nice one APS, so I don't have to collect the data I think, APS has downloads of the smart meter data on an hourly basis!