EM5000IS remote start connector

Joe_B
Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

This is my first post, I searched the forums but did not find an answer, so here goes.

I have a Xantrex system (XW4024, 2xXWSCC, XWAGS, XWSCP, gateway)

I am trying to interface the AGS to my Honda EM5000ISA generator.

The best way to do it is to connect the AGS to the gen via the remote start connector. Honda was kind enough to supply the mating connector but they did not supply crimp pins for it. So I called honda and they cant or wont tell me who manufactured the connector. I was wondering if anyone here knows what pins or connector family this beast is. It is a 6 pin connector 2 rows of 3 contacts. Flat blade pins on the gen, I need the female pins.

I'd hate to buy a 60 dollar remote cable just for a connector.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Re: EM5000IS remote start connector

Look with a magnifying glass and see if you can find a brand name/logo...

Molex supplies a wide variaty of connectors... Perhaps you can find a mate there.

Tyco (old Amp) is another large supplier.

You might also try Foxconn.

If you call their support line--most vendors will be more than happy to send you a few pins in the mail.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the tip Bill, I have been on digikey all day but no luck, it might be some sort of custom but I doubt they would do that. Still I have been unable to find anything like it.

In any case, I found that a .100 spade lug will mate up with the male blade pins in the gen side of this. So I guess if I cant find this connector pin, I can use 3 spade crimp lugs and just plug them onto the connector that is already there, not the best solution but I guess it will work.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Joe_B wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip Bill, I have been on digikey all day but no luck, it might be some sort of custom but I doubt they would do that. Still I have been unable to find anything like it.

In any case, I found that a .100 spade lug will mate up with the male blade pins in the gen side of this. So I guess if I cant find this connector pin, I can use 3 spade crimp lugs and just plug them onto the connector that is already there, not the best solution but I guess it will work.

Might also try Allied, Avnet, and Newark sites. They have good pictures and specs.