Xantrex SW aux. relay ratings

Options
wirenut
wirenut Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
Does anyone know the ratings of the aux. relays on a Xantrex SW inverter? I can't seem to find anything about their current or voltage limits in the manual. I would like to use one to trigger a load shedding contactor. Ideally I would use a contactor with a 120v ac coil and run this thru the aux. relay but I don't know if it will handle that voltage. I could also use a contactor with a 48v dc coil (if I can find one) and run that thru the aux. relay. I get the feeling from the manual that they are for 12v dc only but it doesn't really say.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Xantrex SW aux. relay ratings

6.3 amps @ 250vac max. (From the SWplus GSM start module which uses same relays)

SW manual states to use a 5 amp fuse to protect relay contacts. It also shows a 120vac relay hookup diagram.
  • wirenut
    wirenut Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Options

RC, thanks,
    I didn't see the 120v diagram in the manual but I downloaded it so maybe that part wasn't in there. Just in case it matters, these are regular SW units, not SW plus. Anyway, thanks again, I guess I'll use a regular old 120v contactor.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look at page 89 of rev B or C regular SW manual.

There is a diagram showing a connection for a PV on-off regulator using the SW's battery voltage monitor through RY9. It uses a 120 vac relay coil.