Sunny Beam Monitor with Bluetooth

amby
amby Registered Users Posts: 13
I am close to finalizing a system purchase with Sunny Boy 6000 inverter.
the cheapest monitoring option I can understand seems to be the "Sunny Beam Monitor with Bluetooth" alongwith a "BT Piggyback Card". The total seems to be about $500 for these 2 together.

Any experience with these devices or something else that can work with SMA inverters.

thanks

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: Sunny Beam Monitor with Bluetooth

Amby,

I too have a Sunny boy 6000 and am looking into the sunny beam bluetooth monitor. Did you ever purchase this? If so at what cost and is it working as advertised. My insataller says $600 bucks, I'd like to do it for less if possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

SRJAN.
  • tallgirl
    tallgirl Solar Expert Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Re: Sunny Beam Monitor with Bluetooth
    amby wrote: »
    Any experience with these devices or something else that can work with SMA inverters.

thanks

If you're not looking to purchase immediately, we will have a preconfigured version of our greenMonitor Lite data logger that will interface out of the box with most of the SMA inverters in the weeks to come. We currently support SMA inverters, such as the SB6000U, with the standalone software product, but it requires a computer to operate. The greenMonitor Lite is a low power embedded data logger that can be viewed over the Internet and would be shipped preconfigured to access an SMA inverter via an RS-232 interface card (solar separately by SMA).