Any Info or Experince with this company?

BilljustBill
BilljustBill Solar Expert Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
Any dealings or information about quality of panels sold from this company??

LaVie Solar
U.S. BASE WHOLESALER

5 YEARS POWER AND 25YEARS 80% POWER WARRANTY

WWW.LAVIESOLAR.COM

Here's an example of their Ebay inventory:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4pcs-100-watt-solar-panel-charing-for-12v-dc-400watt_W0QQitemZ270497758631QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efaec3da7

Thanks,
Bill
Bill

Comments

• icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Any Info or Experince with this company?

Why would you spend ~$2.72/watt for some no name brand, from some no named seller, no UL listing panel etc when for even less money you can buy from a reputable retailer, including our site host, amongst others? My answer would be,, not on a bet thank you very much?

Tony
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

Hmm... "US based". I guess that is why the domain is listed in China:
    Registrant:
    Organization : liuyang
    Name : liu yang
    Address : Zhengzhoushi jing san lu
    City : Zhengzhou
    Province/State : Zhejiang
    Postal Code : 450008
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

What made you think that they might not be a US based wholesaler?
    PUT THE SUN IS CONVERTED TO WEALTH BUILDING RICH HUMANITY IS OUR PURPOSE! - solar panel
    Hmm... Translate to Chinese through Babel Fish:

投入太陽被轉換成建立富有的人類的財富是我們的目的

And translate back to English:

Invests the sun to transform the establishment rich humanity's wealth is our goal

Hmm... Even Babel Fish does better.

-Bill

By the way, there is no listing for Lavie Solar at the contact address on their website. Lavie Solar does have a business license listed to, what appears to be, a home address in the Texas Taxable Entity data base.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. We are all skeptics. A good healthy dose with my _ _

I'm giving up on learning Spanish, and guess I'll have to learn Mandarin.

( http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BG1W620091217 )
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I wouldn't beat up the the chinese as they have prove that they can come up to par with manufacturing quite quickly. The sad part is we have let them.

I also would cool it a bit with the rhetoric that sounds a bit racist to me.

Tony
  • GreenPowerManiac
    GreenPowerManiac Solar Expert Posts: 453 ✭✭✭

Look at the cells closer. Looks like 3x6 cells. 9 by 4 = 36 times about 1.98v per cell = 72 watts.... Thought they said 100 watts per panel. Now it's $3.82 per watt and false advertising. I'll bet that Evergreen makes these cells..... Where are they getting 100 watts ? All 17 of my panels have 4x4 x 36 cells @ 72 watts or 2 watts per cell. What are my panels rated then for wattage ?
    Nature's Design & Green Energy on FaceBook : Stop by and "Like" us anytime.. Many up-to-date articles about Renewables every day.
    WWW.GreenAnything.Net    Ad free website.
    Lots of DIY Renewable Energy Projects on ETSY : Solar Panel builds, Wind Turbine builds, Rain Barrel build,etc.  
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Look at the cells closer. Looks like 3x6 cells. 9 by 4 = 36 times about 1.98v per cell = 72 watts.... Thought they said 100 watts per panel. Now it's $3.82 per watt and false advertising. I'll bet that Evergreen makes these cells..... Where are they getting 100 watts ? All 17 of my panels have 4x4 x 36 cells @ 72 watts or 2 watts per cell. What are my panels rated then for wattage ?
    alright I no this post is old but I figure I would give some info on these panels Since I own a 1.2 KWH array made out of these panels And have no issues with performance
    Actully... They are 100 Watt panels I no because I own a few and got them at the right price so I bought them size of the cells dont mean anything its the effiency of them you can have a 2x2 out perform a 3x6 its how its made that makes it worth while ... I am from ILLinios also I have a 2000Ah battery bank xantrex prosine 1800 inverter and a Xantrex XW Mppt 150 charge controller the ratings dont lie on my History log and im hitting around 6.2kwh a day on a nice sunny day