Newsflash- EXCELLENT customer service from Southwest Windpower

Dapdan
Dapdan Solar Expert Posts: 330 ✭✭
Hey All,

As you may or may not know I own a Whisper 200 I bought from NAWS back in July 08. I have had it running from about Feb 09 and did not have any issues up until I stopped it one day to do some work on the tower. When I tried to restart it - it didn't restart. It appeared as though some thing on the circuit board was not releasing the break on the turbine. I called up SWWP on Monday and explain my problem to Chris gaved him my info and he said he would go ahead and ship a new board out to me and confirm by email. I have not recieved the email as yet but I just got the new board! Folks I live in Barbados in the West Indies and I got that thing in a few days, that is what I would call EXCELLENT customer service.

Some background:

I have the turbine about 25ft in the air and I installed it and did not take it down for about 1 1/2years and it has performed flawlessly. I have produce on an average day about 2-3kwh (approx. 13-18mph wind speed) and on good days I have produced 5kwh.

When I took down the turbine it was still in good condition given the aggressive conditions it operates in. I am about 3 miles from the sea and get alot of sea salt in the air. The only area that has some rusting is the welds on the " can" of the nacelle.

I have had a good experience so far with this Whisper 200. Thank you Chris of SWWP.

Cheers...
Damani

Comments

• russ
    russ Solar Expert Posts: 593 ✭✭
    Re: Newsflash- EXCELLENT customer service from Southwest Windpower

Even SWWP can't totally screw it up every time!

They do have a rather wonderful record going for them though!
  • Dapdan

Hi All,

I am pleased to report that the new circuit board has been installed and the turbine is fully operational yet again.

Thank you SWWP, thank you Chris (customer service rep)

Cheers...
    Damani
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

hey dapdan, do you suppose they knew you were from this forum and would give the feedback on your experience? i agree that it is not screwed up every single time, but i think i would credit that employee on actually trying to do a job for a customer rather than so much for the company if my first suspicion is false.
  • Dapdan

niel,

I dont think they would have known of my participation on this forum as I go by another name and I got the service very prompt so they really would not have had much time to research and connect Dapdan to Damani in Barbados. In fact when I gave them the serial number of the turbine they could not find a record of it. It is possible that they could have done the research within 24hr but I find it highly unlikely.

I do agree that the flack they got from truthsquad would have help them re-focus on customer service. So THANKS as well to TRUTHSQUAD. Even if they knew I was on this forum there is no guarantee that I would have posted my experience. The way I see it good service is good service even if there is a track record of consistently bad service. I just felt that it is fair to highlight good and bad and there is plenty of bad out there attributed to them. I also think that the person I dealt with was very helpfull and wanted to thank him ( I called him back and thanked him as well).

Cheers...
    Damani
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

are there that many there that have wind turbines and they have been here to know you are there with one of them? in any case i'm glad you got good service and have it up and working again.
  • Dapdan

There are several guys down here thAt have whispers, I can think of about 6 off hand that I know personally. One guy had his as long as 15 years and has not had any issues with it. He has only changed the bearing to date and the turbine is still going strong. Out of all of the guys that have either 100 or 200 (H40 or H80) there is not one reported issue that I know of.

Cheers...
    Damani
  • jacobs
    jacobs Solar Expert Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Dapdan wrote: »
    One guy had his as long as 15 years and has not had any issues with it. He has only changed the bearing to date and the turbine is still going strong. Out of all of the guys that have either 100 or 200 (H40 or H80) there is not one reported issue that I know of.

Cheers...
    Damani

I believe Whisper was still owned by Elliott Bayley 15 years ago. I don't think SWWP had purchased the rights to it yet.
  • Truth Squad
    Truth Squad Solar Expert Posts: 126 ✭✭

Jacobs is correct. Bayley owned the Whisper line 15 years ago. They were called World Power. I also noticed SWWP has an ad in the paper for a new customer service rep. Just sayin'...