PM-5000-U Input Unit

Wilis
Wilis Solar Expert Posts: 84 ✭✭✭✭
Hi,

Looking for information from anyone using the Bogart Engineering PM-5000-U Pentametic input unit for gathering data? I would want to use the data with the computer interface and chart the information. Is the program you can down load from Bogart helpful enough to be useful? Thanks Wilis

Comments

• Wilis
    Wilis Solar Expert Posts: 84 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: PM-5000-U Input Unit

Hi,

Is no one using the PM-5000-U? Is this to new a product for anyone’s comment? I know the UBS interface will be released soon. I would wait for that before I decide to purchase. Because I have equipment from different companies I was thinking this interface might work better? Just want to analyze data locally and not on line. Any other ideas on how to do this better, with my present system, would be appreciated.

http://www.bogartengineering.com/ Wilis :blush:
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Willis, I know NOTHING ... But,

Poke around with this link:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS388US388&q=wind-sun.com+pentametric

The 'Search' function on these Forums does work, kinna, but, using Google as the front-end really does help.

You might trying PMing some of the folks found in the the threads on this Forum, linked by Google. And, in the signature lines at the bottom of posts from some, you will find "Pentametric", and perhaps these folks can help, too. But, there are not many valid hits.

Good Luck, and perhaps in time you will get some responces to your post. Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

AND, Willis,

Try PMing ' tallgirl '

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?t=8568&highlight=tallgirl

She has used the Pentametric, authors monitoring software etc, and ask her about what is available. She will have a certain perspective, but bet that she will be very knowledgable on the subject.

Others here have done their own thing, but think it is kinna vacation season, so the traffic here just now is a bit slow.

All The Best, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • tallgirl
    tallgirl Solar Expert Posts: 413 ✭✭

D'oh!

I don't know why PM-5000-U didn't ring a bell when Willis PM'd me, other than "PentaMetric" is so thoroughly crammed into my brain that I forget the model numbers.

Yeah, I'm able to monitor a PentaMetric in ways that provide three full channels, rather than just the two that most people get from a PentaMetric. The first channel shunt needs to be large enough -- as always -- for all loads, then I just subtract #2 and #3 to come up with a "new" #1 value.

I don't have my PentaMetric hooked up at the moment, so I can't show anyone what the output looks like, but it looks just like the output from everything else I monitor. Such are the joys of modular programming and data abstraction :D

And thanks for the pointer, Vic.