Black panel mounts

alberta
alberta Registered Users Posts: 10
I am leaning towards buying the Kyocera d. blue panels to mount on our black roof, as the panels have a black frame and will not look as out of place. Who makes a black roof mount to go with the black-framed panels?

Comments

• Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Black panel mounts

if no one can find a black panel mounting hardware for ya, one way to get around it is to paint the rails and mount, easy to do, just wash the hardware with soap and water to get the oil residue off, dry 'em, set them in the direct sunlight, primer them, then paint them, then let them bake in the sun for a full day. use good quality spray paint, and put on light coats each time. Dont forget the nuts/bolts/washers also?
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

If the hardware is aluminum, you can take it and have it anodized (same as the panel frames) or if steel, you can have it powder coated.
  • jcgee88
    jcgee88 Solar Expert Posts: 154 ✭✭
    alberta wrote: »
    I am leaning towards buying the Kyocera d. blue panels to mount on our black roof, as the panels have a black frame and will not look as out of place. Who makes a black roof mount to go with the black-framed panels?

I assume you are referring to the rails and roof mounts?

Bob Kovacs posted a Youtube video of his recent install.
    It looks like these are black rails; the small roof mounts were
    silver color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHCrdtIvD3I

If this is what you are looking for, you could ask him
    what manufacturer his installer used.

John