Where do I connect a second CController in my BBank

Options
quique
quique Solar Expert Posts: 259 ✭✭
I have a CController #1 from 2 panels running into a BBank made of 4 pairs of 6V. Let's say the + & - from the CC#1 go to the one of the positives in Pair #1 and the - goes to one of the - of Pair#3. From those terminals I also take + & - to my inverter IN.

I'm adding a second CController from a second equal set of panels. Where is the best place to connect the + & - from the CC#2?

A). One of the + from Pair#2 and one of the - in Pair #4?

B). The same place where I connected the CC#1? If this is the case, what's the best way to do so since the same terminals on those batteries will have: (i) a connection from the series-parallel setup, (ii) a connection from CC#1, (iii) a connection to the inverter, and now...(iv) a connection from CC#2!?

Comments

• RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Where do I connect a second CController in my BBank

Same as CC#1.

They should have their own lines (both neg and pos).

Where folks get into trouble is sharing a negative line to PV panels or extra common line voltage drop in battery interconnect.

If you share a common neg wire to two panel groups you can get voltage drop associated with current from other panel/controller group that can drive the MPPT hunting algorythm crazy.
  • quique
    quique Solar Expert Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Where do I connect a second CController in my BBank

I don't have MPPT CC, both 1 & 2 are PWM.

CC1 has a POS line running to POS on Pair#1 Batt#1 and a NEG line running to NEG on Pair#3 Batt#2.

So then the new one should be;

CC2 has a POS line running to POS on Pair#1 Batt#1 and a NEG line running to NEG on Pair#3 Batt#2?

Ok so what I'm saying is, I'm not sure they'll all fit? All 4 connections, inverter out, cc1 in, cc2 in and series-parallel interconnects! Is there special or recommended way? If not I'll figure it out, just wanted expert advice!