2»

Comments

• Markab
    Markab Registered Users Posts: 18
    Re: Are these panels any good?

Hi Cariboocoot,
    Thanks for your advice. The MX60 looks like a nice unit :D

Mark

With an MX60 the most efficient arrangement of four of these panels would be two parallel strings of two in series. When array Voltage gets too high above system Voltage efficiency goes down.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

You said you were close enough to pick them up?

I think stopping by would be a worth while investment.

You could check out the panels, and might work out a personal deal with the owner. Ebay and PayPal fees run as much as 10% so I'd see if he'd discount them that much. Of course in the states, if it's a biz they would have to collect sales tax, not sure how it works in Canada.

I did the same type of deal with some one who hadn't listed the manufacturer of the panels last year. It turned out they were NingBo panels, Chinese but a very large big player in Solar and UL listed panels, so good luck!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Markab

Hi Photowhit,
    I am considering this. Unfortunately after now two requests from the seller for information I have yet to receive a reply which has me concerned. Solarvic has also requested information on which he will report -no word yet. The price is right especially considering that I can pick them up locally. For what it's worth, If I don't receive a response after three requests for info. I will lodge a complaint with Ebay. What's the point of having the option of asking a seller question(s) if he decides not to respond!

Mark

Photowhit wrote: »
    You said you were close enough to pick them up?

I think stopping by would be a worth while investment.

You could check out the panels, and might work out a personal deal with the owner. Ebay and PayPal fees run as much as 10% so I'd see if he'd discount them that much. Of course in the states, if it's a biz they would have to collect sales tax, not sure how it works in Canada.

I did the same type of deal with some one who hadn't listed the manufacturer of the panels last year. It turned out they were NingBo panels, Chinese but a very large big player in Solar and UL listed panels, so good luck!
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

It is a phantom seller. His panels are probably some Brand X. Unless they are really cheap, and you are going to install them in a non critical application, I would steer clear.

For a part time or hobby system, you probably have little to lose. I would pick up a couple hundred watts more here and there if I could get it cheap enough.

Tony
  • Markab

Hi Icarus,
    You're probably right. Thanks for the advice.

Mark

icarus wrote: »
    It is a phantom seller. His panels are probably some Brand X. Unless they are really cheap, and you are going to install them in a non critical application, I would steer clear.

For a part time or hobby system, you probably have little to lose. I would pick up a couple hundred watts more here and there if I could get it cheap enough.

Tony