Enecsys

Options
Fatawan
Fatawan Solar Expert Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
CivicSolar sent out an email that the Enecsys microinverters are now in stock and available. Being so new, it's a longshot, but does anyone have any insight into these microinverters?

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options
    Re: Enecsys (or Sparq)?
    Fatawan wrote: »
    CivicSolar sent out an email that the Enecsys microinverters are now in stock and available. Being so new, it's a longshot, but does anyone have any insight into these microinverters?

I'm wondering the same thing. In addition to Enecsys, Sparq is apparently another micro that has switched from electrolytic caps to film caps (and they have a 25 year warranty).

I'd love to hear opinions on these. I'm about to sign a contract on a 13kW system, but I was hoping to have a reliable micro to go with (no way I'm using Enphase). If I can't find anything, it looks like I'll have to go with a DC-DC optimizer or the SolarEdge system.

Thanks.
  • Frxddy
    Frxddy Solar Expert Posts: 113 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Enecsys

Sparq won't be available until this Fall. They sound nice!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,443 admin
    Options
    Re: Enecsys

Remember it was polyester film caps that failed in 4-5 xantrex gt inverters (rf filter caps) because of cap vender problems. No guarantees out there.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset