hooking up chinook 200 air gen

Options
castilloj
castilloj Solar Expert Posts: 208
Hey guys, i purchased a Chinook 200 Air generator and im trying to figure out how to hook it up? i have a 17 ft pipe and i have a 30 amp breaker at the bottom of the pipe. then i have 15 ft to the inverter. Could i hook this up directly to te batteries or do i have to use a charge controller?

Comments

• TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: hooking up chinook 200 air gen

Without looking too deeply into that model, I would think you would need a diversion load setup.. So you'd hook your air gen up to the batteries and then use a charge controller that has a diversion setting. You'd then use it to heat water or warm air when your batteries are full.

TBR
  • castilloj
    castilloj Solar Expert Posts: 208
    Options

Could i hook this up to my mppt60 controller? Right now I have it connected to the batteries and load dump controller, I just hate that I can't see what poet is going intonthe batteries.
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Options

You have it right the Chinook goes direct to the batteries (With appropriate over current protection) and the supplied diversion controller supplied with the Chinook will keep the battery's from over charging. If you want to watch the Chinook make power i would find a small inline amp meter like a Tri Metric or something similar.