what other 25a + programable controllers available?

notsobright
notsobright Solar Expert Posts: 247 ✭✭
hi everyone, Im still looking for a 25 amp + charge controller that can be programmed to charge at the Concord/Lifeline specs which are:

bulk = 14.30, float = 13.30, time to float = 90min., equalization = none

very simple.. these are what I need to charge with. excluding any/all morningstar products, what are my options?

if there is one that is not programable but can be set to these charging specs then that will work also so being programable isnt mandatory if there is something that has these settings.

Ive been looking arround and there are many that are close but no cigar... need some help with this.

thanks

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: what other 25a + programable controllers available?

To my knowledge the Outback FM series is the most programmable controller around.
    Although it would be a safe bet that Midnight Solar's units can at least match it, if not exceed (especially given their wind and hydro input capabilities). You're looking at a 60+ Amp controller here, and $500+ in price.

Of course it can sometimes take days to find the page in the OB manual that tells you how to do what you want to do. :p
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Any of the MorningStar Tristar ( PWM or Mppt ) controllers can have custom voltages and times using MSview to program the parameters
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Any of the MorningStar Tristar ( PWM or Mppt ) controllers can have custom voltages and times using MSview to program the parameters

Except for the part where he said: "excluding any/all morningstar products, what are my options?"
    :roll:

He's had a bad experience with MS.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

You might also look at a Rogue 30 amp 12/24 vdc MPPT controller.

I believe he is in the midst of rolling out a new product--so I am not sure which is available at this moment. The first product was well liked and very reasonably priced.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • notsobright

thats a bit spendy for the RV but if I would have went that route from the start I would be ahead now.

Im not finding many options for charging these AGMs

Except for the part where he said: "excluding any/all morningstar products, what are my options?"
    :roll:

He's had a bad experience with MS.

I havnt yet but my batteries and other sensitive equipment has. I will leave it up to MS as to what my experience with them will be.

I read here that Solar Guppy does testing for MS, I have a bombshell buts thats all I will say for now.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

You may have missed my post a couple a minutes ahead of yours... Check out Rogue. Has been a steady performer and no expensive "optional digital meter" to purchase (part of base price).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • notsobright
    BB. wrote: »
    You might also look at a Rogue 30 amp 12/24 vdc MPPT controller.

I believe he is in the midst of rolling out a new product--so I am not sure which is available at this moment. The first product was well liked and very reasonably priced.

-Bill

He must be in the midst of website management too. I was there earlier today and there were new controllers but now I can only find the one you have linked.

I'll keep checking it.
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭

Probably more than you want to spend but I have had great luck with my Xantrex MPPT.

http://www.solar-electric.com/xaxwmp60amps.html

TBR