Documentation for VFX3648

Options
joeedens
joeedens Solar Expert Posts: 28
Is there any documentation for the Outback VFX3648 which gives a comprehensive explanation of its features, other than the programming manual. Or perhaps there are some tech notes on it? I'm looking for detailed information about how the AC Input bypass through and transfer switch works in conjunction with the charger load and the output AC loads, as well as information on whether there is any type of Time-of-Use feature for the charger. I've looked at the programming manual but it focuses on a step by step method to program as opposed to explaining applications of the features.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Documentation for VFX3648

This manual might be more helpful for you: http://www.outbackpower.com/pdf/manuals/fx_vfx_installation.pdf
    It's the installation info and contains descriptions of functions.

In the short form, when you're running off AC in there is a maximum current limit (programmable) which is divided up between the charge current limit (programmable) and the loads. If the loads go higher it will lower the current to the charger. There is no time-of-use function.

Unless they've changed them on me. Things are always subject to change without notice, and I'm usually the last one to find out. :p
  • joeedens
    joeedens Solar Expert Posts: 28
    Options

Cariboo, thank you for the link and the info. It was helpful. I've got some specific questions which I'll post in a new thread.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options

Joeedens,

You can continue in this thread too... It helps people follow your Q&A as you progress...

New threads are helpful for completely unrelated sets of questions.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset