Enphase inverter MTBF calculation thread

13»

Comments

• shlolarshlolar Registered Users Posts: 1
    Mastruck, that's a good size system you've got there.  I'm in Phoenix also and about to put in a 19kW 65 290W panel with m250's in.  How has your system been holding up?  I would love to see your system.  Thanks.
  • YarymanYaryman Registered Users Posts: 4
    I've got 18 Enphase M250's that have just hit one year mark with no problem.
    Located in Northern California with the hottest month being July with avg. highs of 94. 
    It seems like the M190 was a somewhat trouble filled product, but Enphase got it right by the time the M250 came out. 
    On the other hand, if something goes wrong in two years with my Enphase inverters, I will have a different opinion. 

• cow_ranchercow_rancher Solar Expert Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    I see that this builder liked to make a lot of penetrations through the concrete tile roof,  Those three with the top hats are probably bathroom fans, "fart fans" or kitchen fans and could have been vented into the empty space above the insulation (if those are trusses, which for a tile roof they should be).  And the three vent stacks I see there for sinks and tubs could have been combined into one vent stack, I'm not an expert on the UBC but that is the way I build my house with help from some subs.

Rancher
  • mike95490mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I see that this builder liked to make a lot of penetrations through the concrete tile roof,  Those three with the top hats are probably bathroom fans, "fart fans" or kitchen fans and could have been vented into the empty space above the insulation (if those are trusses, which for a tile roof they should be).  And the three vent stacks I see there for sinks and tubs could have been combined into one vent stack, I'm not an expert on the UBC but that is the way I build my house with help from some subs.

Rancher
    In my area of California, you will be very sorry venting bathroom moisture into the attic space, mold everywhere !
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.BB. Super Moderators Posts: 26,756 admin
    I don't know about code--But I would not be happy when I had to snake a drain from the roof and cannot send it down the correct stack/sewer line.

For kitchen fans, venting to the attic is also a smoke/fire hazard (besides dumping humidity into the attic space is not right either).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • AguarancherAguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016 #67
    There is a reason they use “b” vent pipe for stoves, kitchen exhaust fans, furnaces and water heaters, it’s called fire. As far as the fart fans, they are 3” dia. aluminum flex “supposed to be, have seen plastic flex in some cases” and never exit the roof, but out the gable ends in a aluminum dryer type vent. I have seen the lesser contractors simply staple the duct to a gable screen vent. Sadly I’ve seen both methods pass inspection.
  • colinmcccolinmcc Registered Users Posts: 3
    i have 47 M215IG installed 2 years ago, (june 2015)  none have failed. But, my first envoy failed after just a year, I contacted enphase and asked for an RMA who replied 'that serial number is out of it's guarantee period'..  I wasn't impressed by that! Surely the guarantee should start from date of installation, not date of manufacture, presumably it had sat on a shelf somewhere for some time before I bought it.
13»