ReJuvenater Gas or Diesel Powered Battery Charger

dwh
dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
Saw this doohickey on Craig's List today.

I'm on the fence as to whether it should be in the scams section, but for now I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.impactrenewableenergy.com/ReJuvenater-Battery-Charger.htm

This is the part that seems a bit scamish:

"Lead-acid batteries are discarded prematurely due to sulfation; sulfation is a natural occurrence in all lead-acid batteries.

Traditional battery chargers or automotive alternator battery chargers cannot overcome the problem of batteries internal resistance, and batteries are discarded as not being able to hold a charge, batteries internal resistance does not fool the ReJuvenater Battery Chargers.

The ReJuvenater Battery Chargers dissolve lead-acid batteries sulfate crystals back into the battery's electrolyte solution of sulfuric acid and water without having to wait for days or even weeks to have a dependable working battery."

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: ReJuvenater Gas or Diesel Powered Battery Charger

sounds like another pulse charger claiming to get rid of sulfation. a pwm controller is a pulse charger too so take it from there.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: ReJuvenater Gas or Diesel Powered Battery Charger

No reason why it wouldn't work.
    But also no reason why it would work any better than a standard battery charger powered by a standard generator which would be more flexible in over-all usage.

Incidentally, most standard "automotive" battery chargers do not fully rectify the AC. As a result, they "pulse charge" to a certain extent just as the so-called "desulphators" do. The tricky part is the frequency. Does that make a difference? The jury is still out. But then it's practically impossible to do a controlled test of such devices because no two batteries will ever be in the same shape to begin with.

I hate to think what they're trying to sell these things for.