California pv solar credit

Options
Dave Angelini
Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
I see 65 cents per watt for the basic PG&E for Califfonia. Is this correct for non county/city based credits? Thx!
"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: California pv solar credit

That is the current Tier level for PG&E with Net-Metering agreement. You have to apply for it seperately after getting your agreement with PG&E and meet all of the program requirements. They inspect the installation, tilt, azmuith, performance etc. Depending on your costs you may have to have 5 year of monitoring by via a contract with independant company. If the cost cap is exceeded then you can get a deferment.
    I am currently in this stage under review. Next tier is about $.35 would have to go on there site to double check that number and see were they are in filling current level.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • SkiDoo55
    Options

Here are current levels
    7 31 62.9 $0.65 $0.65 $1.40 $0.09 $0.09 $0.19 Tier 7 Current
    8 36.1 73.2 $0.35 $0.35 $1.10 $0.05 $0.05 $0.15 Tier 8 Next @ $0.35
    9 41.1 83.4 $0.25 $0.25 $0.90 $0.03 $0.03 $0.10
    10 50.5 102.5 $0.20 $0.20 $0.70 $0.03 $0.03 $0.10
    http://www.pge.com/myhome/saveenergymoney/solarenergy/csi/csiincentives/index.shtml

Current CSI Trigger levesl for PG&E
    Administrator Customer Class * Current Step Initial MW in Step Unused MW from Previous Steps Revised Total MW in Step Issued Conditional Reservation Letters (MW) MW Remaining MW Under Review
    PGE Residential 7 31.00 0.39 31.39 18.53 12.86 1.47 Remaining @ $0.65 12.86 MW
    Non-Residential 8 73.20 1.57 74.77 13.19 61.58 9.12
    http://www.csi-trigger.com/
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    SkiDoo55 wrote: »
    That is the current Tier level for PG&E with Net-Metering agreement. You have to apply for it seperately after getting your agreement with PG&E and meet all of the program requirements. They inspect the installation, tilt, azmuith, performance etc. Depending on your costs you may have to have 5 year of monitoring by via a contract with independant company. If the cost cap is exceeded then you can get a deferment.
    I am currently in this stage under review. Next tier is about $.35 would have to go on there site to double check that number and see were they are in filling current level.

Thanks for the info! A local church is doing a homebrew grid-tie and wanted some advice. The five year monitoring raised some eyebrows? Do you have more info on that?

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

If I recall correctly--5 year monitoring is optional between 10-100kW systems, and a requirement above 100kW.

The monitoring has to be a third party and, more or less, utility grade accuracy (2% or so?).

The summary:
    The Performance Based Incentive (PBI) is paid based on actual performance over the course of five years. The PBI is paid on a fixed dollar per kilowatt-hour ($/kWh) of generation basis and is the required incentive type for systems greater than 30 kW in size, although smaller systems may opt to be paid based on PBI. In the beginning of the CSI Program, all systems 100kW and greater were required to take the PBI incentive. In January 2008, all systems 50kW and greater were required to take the PBI incentive. As of January 2010, all systems 30kW and greater are required to take the PBI incentive.

Got to love the rolling requirements (can't ever keep track of that). Also, that the California Government / tax exempt orgs "get" higher rebates than tax payers.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SkiDoo55
    Options

For Residential 30KW and smaller for EPBB Incentive there is a 1% cost cap for PMRS Contract. If cost of service is above 1% then you can claim a exemption. Example my system has material cost of @ $19,000.00 so my cap is $190.00 for PMRS for five years. Had quote of $600.00 plus install so I am claiming exemption. My Zantrex GT3.8 Inverter has an approved meter, and I also, have a TED5004-C that meets the accuracy requirements. Just not paying someone to do it for me.
    Hope this helps?

http://www.gosolarcalifornia.org/documents/CSI_HANDBOOK.PDF
    5.1 EPBB Metering Requirements
    For systems up to 30kW receiving an EPBB incentive, the total cost of the metering,
    communication and PMRS for the first five years following final project approval shall be less
    than 1% of total PV system eligible project costs (exclusive of metering, communication and
    PMRS costs).
    EPBB projects eligible for the PMRS cost cap exemption must demonstrate a with a valid cost
    proposal (dated within the last six months) that the cost for a minimum level of PMRS service
    exceeds the cap. Projects are not eligible for the cost cap exemption if the cost proposal is for
    more than the minimum level of PMRS service. See section 5.5 for minimum PMRS service
    requirements.
    5.1.1 Overall Cost Constraint
    Recipients of CSI funding are not precluded or penalized from purchasing or installing a
    metering system and subsequent PMRS that exceeds the minimum requirements or any cost
    caps described in this Section. The selection of a PMRS provider is made at the recipient’s
    choice and expense.
    System Owners requesting PMRS exemption must, at a minimum, install a meter with an
    accuracy of ± 5% of actual system output that meets all applicable parts of Section 5.1 and
    includes functionality that allows the System Owner or Host Customer to observe the system
    performance locally such as an inverter display, or remotely such as web based monitoring.
    5.1.2 Contract for PMRS Service
    All systems receiving an EPBB incentive must install a solar energy production meter accurate
    to within ± 5% of actual system output and systems receiving PBI payments must install a solar
    production meter accurate to within ± 2% of actual system output.
    Other solar electric generating technologies displacing thermal system Btu meter(s) must be
    accurate to +/- 5%.
    If PMRS is required and purchased for the solar system, the System Owner must contract for
    the services. A contract will not be required to submit for PA review, but the PMRS provider
    name must be listed on the Incentive Claim Form. The PA reserves the right to request a copy
    of the contract if needed.
  • Dave Angelini
    Options

Thanks Guy's! Maybe they will write IOU's to a church...