New DEKA "forklift" batteries seem to lack capacity

2»

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: New DEKA "forklift" batteries seem to lack capacity

you really aren't getting the point. there are no voltage setpoints for bulk as the voltage setpoint is to activate and be in absorb. bulk has no voltage regulation by the definition of the terms involved.
  • aj164
    aj164 Solar Expert Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    you really aren't getting the point. there are no voltage setpoints for bulk as the voltage setpoint is to activate and be in absorb. bulk has no voltage regulation by the definition of the terms involved.

Thanks for the help, Niel. I believe I do understand. The difference is our semantics. For simplicity, I'm calling it a "bulk setpoint". Technically, it should be called the "bulk-absorb mode trigger".

The XW has a setpoint for bulk. That is the point at which it will switch to absorb. The XW has a separate setpoint for absorb. That means we could, if we wanted, have the absorb voltage set to something other than the bulk-absorb mode trigger.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    aj164 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, Niel. I believe I do understand. The difference is our semantics. For simplicity, I'm calling it a "bulk setpoint". Technically, it should be called the "bulk-absorb mode trigger".

The XW has a setpoint for bulk. That is the point at which it will switch to absorb. The XW has a separate setpoint for absorb. That means we could, if we wanted, have the absorb voltage set to something other than the bulk-absorb mode trigger.

And if Xantrex left out that option of setting a set point that is not required in 99% of all applications they would have upset a large customer I was told. Maybe they want you to put one in your hybrid... You are the first one to notice this after 3 years of production! Can you find the other quirks? If so post them in the XWCC sticky and I 'll send it up to Burnaby.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net