"Sunlight shall not be concentrated on the module."

I've got a kyocera 130 tm and a bluesky 2512i controller. I plan on installing this panel on the top of my camper van. I've engineered a mount so I can manually tilt the panel up to 80 degrees to either side of the van. I basically bought this system so when I'm in Baja California, camped on the beach, or upon cliff over the beach, I can power my new fridge(2.5 amps) and my stereo, computer ect.

I have no intention of trying to augment the available sunlight by aiming mirrors at the panel, but I was wondering about sunlight reflected off the ocean. I used to have a 5 watt panel that I would adjust frequently during the day. At the time I didn't know how to check the amperage, but noon time voltage(open circuit) would read almost 22 volts. On the rare summer windless day, and the ocean super glassy, when the sun got lower in the sky, and with my panel aimed directly at it, it would read almost 24 volts.

Will I have to take precautions with my new pv system in similar intense sunlight?

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: "Sunlight shall not be concentrated on the module."
    wondering about sunlight reflected off the ocean.

Will I have to take precautions with my new pv system in similar intense sunlight?

Should not have to. The precaution is about using an array of mirrors or lens to beam 2 or 3 suns onto the panels.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,