Xantrex XW6048 - AC1/L2 stuck in sell mode

dsp3930
dsp3930 Solar Expert Posts: 66 ✭✭✭✭
I ran into an odd issue today with my XW6048. I switched it out of sell mode to check the installation of my EKM watthour meters. When I did this, I noticed the reverse kwh flow (sell to grid) was still very slowly creeping up on my AC1 line. (1/10 kwh or so every few minutes) I went and looked at my SCP meter and sure enough AC1/L2 was showing positive. (flowing back into the grid at a little over one amp) while AC1/L1 was showing negative. (draw from the grid)

I tired changing sell mode on/off and turning all power off to the unit (AC1,Battery,PV). It still looks to be locked somehow on just AC1/L2 to sell to grid.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Re: Xantrex XW6048 - AC1/L2 stuck in sell mode

You have to turn the unit off in two menus, grid support in the main XW-6048 menu and Sell in the advanced menu of the XW-6048
  • dsp3930

It was just odd to me that AC1/L2 was selling and not also AC1/L1. I just flipped both to OFF. We'll see if that does it when my batteries are fully charged this AM.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

With grid support ON and sell OFF, it does exactly what you described , I believe thats the mode for using RE for loads but being connected to AC one if the RE can't support the load , its gridtie without sellback
  • dsp3930

I thought with sell off, the XW was only powering Load to sub.
    Also, since sell controls the sell amps, how would the flow back via AC1 be regulated? (with sell off?)

I tried turning grid support off also. It stops sending power via inverting to my load Load on my sub. (Not what I wanted) I was needing only the AC1 sell turned off -- still leaving inverting on to my sub.

David