Trimetric 2025 Battery Moniter

Options
Crystal
Crystal Solar Expert Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
I am curious to know if the Trimetric 2025 battery moniter is worth the extra cost compared to the Trimetric 2020. Any opinion is appreciated.
Thank You!

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Trimetric 2025 Battery Moniter

This the difference (from Bogart Eng--PDF):
    Compared to the TM-2020, here is how the TM-2025 meter differs:
    • Now works with 48V battery systems standard as well as 12 and 24V systems.
    • Includes as standard a measure of lightning protection and overvoltage protection that was only available when using the TM-48VA 48V adapter before.
    • It comes in two versions which are identical except for physical size and label color.
      • “TM-2025 RV” version is a little less wide than the TM-2020, comes with its own cream colored enclosure designed to be surface mounted to a wall, so does not need an additional mounting enclosure. The label colors are more subdued than the TM-2020: beige and black.
      • “TM-2025-A”is physically virtually the same as the TM-2020: it mounts in a double gang electrical box, and is not furnished with an enclosure. The label colors are silver text on dark blue with orange border, identical to the TM-2020.
    • Computes “watts” as well as “amps”. You can choose “Watts” or “Amps” as the most prominent display showing energy entering or leaving the battery . The other measurement is shown as a “secondary” display.
    • Three levels of easily selectable operation are available: “Level 1” is the simplest, suitable for most users. “Level 2” adds some data logging features. “Level 3” adds both more choice and also more complexity.
    • New data logging shows recent charge cycle, and daily system data—intended to aid the technically minded with information to check that the meter is correctly connected and furnish rudimentary system data.
    • Has a simple “serial output” of all real time data: which the technically savvy could find useful for computer connection or possibly allowing control of an external device.
    • Programming of system data is done differently. We believe it is less confusing than for the TM-2020.
    Retail cost is about $10 more.

And one more from our host's website:
    • The TM-2025 also can measure the voltage only of a second battery set, such as the starting battery, or solar voltage input to a charge controller.
    Sounds like $10 is worth it to me (in my humble opinion). You probably know most of your loads in Watts--so that will save you the conversion between your loads and AH for battery bank loads.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Crystal
    Crystal Solar Expert Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    Options

BB-
    That's what I figured too.
    How about the RV version? It looks to me that the only differences are the color, size, and the fact that it has a mounting box included. Is there anything that I may be missing here?
    Thank You!
  • dsp3930
    dsp3930 Solar Expert Posts: 66 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The mounting box for the RV version's fit and finish look clean when installed. (in my opinion) I have mine mounted above my Xantrex SCP display unit.