Enphase Data Access

123457»

Comments

• TilendorTilendor Registered Users Posts: 3
    Awesome.  Glad I could help!
  • southforksouthfork Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I have enlighten.enphaseenergy.com, Set up by my installer with Netgear router real time / hourly / weekly / monthly / year to date and they email a report each month easy way to keep track of energy production .
     24 solar world 285 watt panels with 24 Enphase 250 s ground mount grid tied .                                                                
  • colinmcccolinmcc Registered Users Posts: 3
    Does anyone here know how to get at the admin pages of an envoy if the user/password isn't known? I recently bought an envoy on ebay, the seller said it was 'new' and certainly when plugged in it showed zero as life time power and no inverters stored so hadn't been in use, BUT when I try to log into the admin interface with admin/admin which should be the default/factory pair it won't accept that.

I contacted enphase who replied that since I am not an official installer I should email noinstaller@enphase.com which I did over a month ago, but so far have had no reply.  I'm up in Canada and need to set the grid profile of my M215IG inverters, purchased in the USA to the Canadian Grid profile rather than the default USA one.

Thanks!
  • BB.BB. Super Moderators Posts: 26,870 admin
    edited August 20 #185
    Hmmm... Sandeen is probably correct and I should not distribute the Envoy Root Password algorithm through the forum. I have hidden the posts for now.

Any comments one way or the other if having an Envoy Root Password is damaging to user network security (or Envoy operations) or not?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • sandeensandeen Solar Expert Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    edited August 20 #186
    My first concern would be all the public-facing envoys people have put online.  Whether or not access to those machines puts their internal network at risk would depend on how they've configured their network ... it certainly opens the Envoy itself up to malicious attacks.  And any time you give hackers an opportunity for a toehold there's risk (see for example the webcam debacle...).  Envoys are probably a small enough attack surface that it's not worth the trouble, but who knows.
    I've never understood why Enphase didn't just use a public/private keypair to secure these devices.
    Yea... It looks like the Envoy units advertise their serial number on the unsecured web page to anyone that knows their IP address (and does not have behind a router with security).

Not a good thing to have in the wild.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • sandeensandeen Solar Expert Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    BB. said:
    Yea... It looks like the Envoy units advertise their serial number on the unsecured web page to anyone that knows their IP address (and does not have behind a router with security).

Not a good thing to have in the wild.

-Bill
    Oh, right - I forgot to point that part out.  :)  OTOH, putting a device like this directly on the internet shows a fairly willful disregard for best security practices, so maybe they deserve what they get?  ;)
    No--Customers do not deserve what they get... However, companies that have such little concern for their customers... :#

-Bill
  • dreesdrees Solar Expert Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    On a separate topic, any other Enphase owners notice that Enphase stopped making available 5-minute interval data and now only has 15-minute interval data? The funny thing is that instead of having you download 15-min data, they give you the same data 3 times every 15 minutes.
  • mspohrmspohr Registered Users Posts: 0
    Thanks for these instructions on how to get signed up for the EnlightenManager! I have been wanting per panel data for a long time. I added 9 panels to my original 16 panel system and I can see them all now. (They don't show up on the panel map since I haven't figured out how to add a new map for these new panels but at least I can see the individual panel data.)
    BTW, I noticed the switch to 15 minute intervals (same value for three 5 minute intervals) giving the graph a "stairstep" appearance started a few months ago. Lately it has switched to a "sawtooth" pattern with same value for two 5 minute intervals then a drop down to some random lower value before jumping back up for the next intervals.

• aniljcbaniljcb Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited October 24 #192
    Thank you djr114 for instructions on how to get the enlighten manager access. I was able to get it and it is awesome! for a data nerd like me.

One issue I am seeing is in the graph tab. I used see a lot of details like DC Current, DC Voltage, AC Voltage, AC Frequency and Temperature. But I cant see those anymore, I only see only power.
    Any idea why? or how to re- enable it?

-Update: Resolved: Found out that this level of details will show up only where you select a panel/microinverter. When the drop down selection is full system it will show only power.
123457»