SW4024 and AEG washing machine that wont work

2»

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: SW4024 and AEG washing machine that wont work

do you think we should confuse him by saying our 240vac is 4 wires?:confused::roll:
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

European power has always been confusing. Or is that "confused"? :p
    So it's "half wave" 460 VAC?

Only recently has the EU adjusted the numbers - +10%/-6% & +6%/-10% depending on the country - to bring everything 'in line' with 230 VAC 50Hz. In the past it was quite a smorgasbord of power 'standards'. They still don't use the same outlets everywhere!

I wonder if Morocco still uses 25Hz? Yes I know it's not in Europe. :D
  • frserapheim
    frserapheim Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15

Hello all,

I know this response is definitely late in coming :blush: but just to let everyone know that the addition of the capacitor worked very well!!! The washer now works without any extra loads. :D

Thanks to boB and others for responces!!

PS (For those interested I placed the capacitor (specs in previous posts) as boB suggested as close as I could to the washer - within the washers case right before its start capacitor.)

Thanks again
    serapheim.
  • Mangas
    Mangas Solar Expert Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭

In a previous thread I posted sometime ago this is how we solved the cycling problem we had with our two HVAC variable speed furnaces running off grid.

We added a capacitor on each furnace. Never had a problem since.
    Ranch Off Grid System & Custom Home: 2 x pair stacked Schneider XW 5548+ Plus inverters (4), 2 x Schneider MPPT 80-600 Charge Controllers, 2 Xanbus AGS Generator Start and Air Extraction System Controllers, 64 Trojan L16 REB 6v 375 AH Flooded Cel Batteries w/Water Miser Caps, 44 x 185 Sharp Solar Panels, Cummins Onan RS20 KW Propane Water Cooled Genset, ICF Custom House Construction, all appliances, Central A/C, 2 x High Efficiency Variable Speed three ton Central A/C 220v compressors, 2 x Propane furnaces, 2 x Variable Speed Air Handlers, 2 x HD WiFi HVAC Zoned System Controllers
  • frserapheim
    frserapheim Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15

Mangas... (and others..)

just wondering what type of capacitor you used to get your furnaces working?

Our friends washer was fixed with a 50 micro-farad, 380V, non-polarized run capacitor placed in parallel with the original start capacitor. (Note that were in Europe so thats 230 vAC, 50 htz. )

boB suggested placing a log extension cord to increase the filtering but it wasnt needed in our case.

FWIW, its definitely a simple fix for anyone with an inverter thats having problems with "delicate" loads... surely beats having to have an resistive load chewing up battery power just to get the washer to work :roll:

thanks
    serapheim
  • Mangas
    Mangas Solar Expert Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭

We used a 50uf 370vac motor run capacitor. Probably depends on the application.
    Ranch Off Grid System & Custom Home: 2 x pair stacked Schneider XW 5548+ Plus inverters (4), 2 x Schneider MPPT 80-600 Charge Controllers, 2 Xanbus AGS Generator Start and Air Extraction System Controllers, 64 Trojan L16 REB 6v 375 AH Flooded Cel Batteries w/Water Miser Caps, 44 x 185 Sharp Solar Panels, Cummins Onan RS20 KW Propane Water Cooled Genset, ICF Custom House Construction, all appliances, Central A/C, 2 x High Efficiency Variable Speed three ton Central A/C 220v compressors, 2 x Propane furnaces, 2 x Variable Speed Air Handlers, 2 x HD WiFi HVAC Zoned System Controllers