Forum Sugguestions?

Options
Maybe this forum could be for site suggestions? Its just a thought, I dont have any ideas of what could be change!

Though I would like to comment on our forum leaders! I visit this website just about everyday and also one other one related to solar power. What I have noticed is that this sites leaders take great time in explaining in great detail about whatever questions someone may have. I find this site to be extremely informative and helpfully much more so than some of the other sites i have visited.

I have found that some of the forum leaders on other sites, even though they are very knowledgable about solar power, they tend to be very arrogant and try to express too much toward the cost of solar.

Lots of people do know that the cost of solar can get expensive quick, but also lots of people want to get involved in solar because of the benefits down the road.

Again I pretty much just wanted to thank our forum leaders for a great site and community they have created with growing information everyday.

Thanks

Brandon

Comments

• n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Forum Sugguestions?
    I have found that some of the forum leaders on other sites, even though they are very knowledgable about solar power, they tend to be very arrogant and try to express too much toward the cost of solar.

Let me guess, ******* ??? [removed by moderator]...
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options

A suggestion here... Referring to issues/people on other web forums "by name" will probably end badly.

At the very least, it is unfair to those others who may not be members here, and would not normally be asked/or allowed to "air their, or our laundry" here anyway.

One reason we (aka "our host") does not have a "Cafe" is to keep the moderation issues to a minimum.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Kamala
    Kamala Solar Expert Posts: 452 ✭✭
    Options

I have wasted more time than I care to think about on USENET groups exploring a variety topics. Wading through flame wars just to find SOMETHING on topic or even remotely useful. boisblancboy is correct! The moderators here, by their diligence, make the internet what it was intended to be. Well, I guess I don't know what the internet was *intended* to be, but at least they they make it useful.

Craig
  • Malasombra
    Malasombra Solar Expert Posts: 24
    Options

Sometimes being a mod can be a real pain, as it can affect the personal part. In our case aor admin is almost 95% of the time in the shadow and are the mods who take care of timewasters ( i have to admit is fun too ).
    I have seen solar forums been very particular and unique about rules ,people and moderation.
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Again I pretty much just wanted to thank our forum leaders for a great site and community they have created with growing information everyday.

Thanks

Brandon

HEAR HEAR!

I've finally worked my way through to where I can keep up with the new posts, and am steadily working my way though *all* the posts. The sheer density of information here is amazing - and I love it.

And as Kamala says, not having to wade through flame wars to find useful content is a tremedous relief.

Great site, good moderation. Well done, gents.