prosine 3.0acs HELP.

wild01
wild01 Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
I have a prosine 3.0 without a remote. Just found out xantrex has discontinued then. Anyone have one or know how to bypasses them?

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they require a remote, I think the 'remote' is a wired remote control panel. You can likely find a used remote...

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inverter-Chargers/PROsine-3/ProSine_25-30-Owner-Guide(445-0096-01-01_Rev-A).pdf

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    wild01 said:
    I have a prosine 3.0 without a remote. Just found out xantrex has discontinued then. Anyone have one of know how to bypasses them?

iBoats has them in stock.
  • Photowhit

iBoats has them in stock.
    I took a quick look, doesn't look like they carry anything but the 1000 and 1800. The interface for these doesn't work for the 3000 which is an inverter/charger.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • wild01
    edited August 2017 #5
    So far all my research says that without a control panel, all you can use one for is battery charging. I would needed either an LED control panel or an ACS control panel to make it function. My hope is that someone on here that upgraded their 2.0 or 2.5 prosine to an ACS panel still has their old LED panel. The ACS was an optional item on those. They will came with LED panels.
  • Photowhit
    Odd, I would think it was the other way around. Since the LCD would be needed to setup charging parameters.

I'll take a quick look at the manual, The link I provided has a '()'in it and the software drops the link, if you copy and paste it will work.

• Photowhit
    Have you tried hooking this up to a battery bank and checking? Is it a 12 or 24 volt version?
  • Photowhit
    Did you read through the manual? It appears you can revert to the DIP switch settings and they provide some information on how to do that;

"ACS Configuration settings override the DIP switch settings discussed above. If your unit has been configured using the ACS control panel, it will retain these configuration settings even after the ACS has been disconnected. The physical position of the DIP switches does not necessarily indicate the setting. To reset the configuration settings to the DIP switch settings, perform these actions:
    • Change all the DIP switches to the alternate setting.
    • Wait at least 20 seconds for the Prosine to recognize the new setting.
    • Change the DIP switches to the desired setting.
    • Wait at least another 20 seconds for the desired setting to be recognized.
  • wild01
    edited August 2017 #9
    Dip switch settings are for use with the LED control panel the asc overrides them but both systems require the remote to turn on. Once on the inverter will continue to work w/o the remote, but if I ever need to reset it I'll need a remote
  • wild01
    If I knew what signal the remote sent to turn on the inverter I might be able to cheat it. IE jump pin one to pin four for... Seconds...etc.
  • Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    wild01,
    Looks like the ACS is in stock at this site.
    http://marineelectronicsleader.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7569

Rick
    4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.
  • Photowhit
    FWIW - Xantrex still has a legacy link for the Prosine 3.0,

http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/inverter-chargers/prosine-3.aspx

Including a link that goes back to Prosine's ACS pre-Trace/Xantrex!

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Inverter-Chargers/PROsine-3/Prosine 3.0_ ACS_Panel-OwnersManual(445-0055).pdf
  • wild01
    Managed to eBay one. Thanks everyone