Pictures of what you have built

SolraySolray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭
I thought it would be nice to see some pictures of systems, solar, wind, hybrid, methane, LNG, etc that you have put together and have them all in one place rather than sifting through tons of old dead links to find a picture only to see it is now outdated by newer technologies.
Looking forwards to seeing what you have done recently. 
:)

Comments

  • SolraySolray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭


  • HorseflyHorsefly Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    So you post a stock photo you found on the web?

    I was hoping you would post pics of the systems you apparently built at the north pole and at the equator.

    (or was that @Lumisol that posted about that. I get you guys mixed up)
    Off-grid cabin: 6 x Canadian Solar CSK-280M PV panels, Schneider XW-MPPT60-150 Charge Controller, Schneider CSW4024 Inverter/Charger, Schneider SCP, 4 x Vmax XTR12-155 12V, 155AH batteries in a 2x2 24V 310AH bank.
  • VicVic Solar Expert Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22 #4
    Solray said:
    I thought it would be nice to see some pictures of systems, solar, wind, hybrid, methane, LNG, etc that you have put together and have them all in one place rather than sifting through tons of old dead links to find a picture only to see it is now outdated by newer technologies.
    Looking forwards to seeing what you have done recently. 
    :)


    You are quite new here,   but,   there is always this Discussion:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/9922/show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine/p1

    This should help the focus.

    Look around on this site.   There is ALREADY a lot of good information here,   one just needs to take the time to look around and read.   It's easy,   and the Host of this site is generous enough to store ALL of this information for all of us to search and READ,   to our heart's content.

    Good reading!   Thanks,   Vic

    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Marc KurthMarc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭
    I worked for SunEdison through 2009. We engineered, installed, maintained and monitored 25KW to 50KW roof top systems on Kohl's, Costco and Whole Foods, to utility scale 15-20 MW ground mount systems in the USA and Spain.

    While the concepts are the same, the actual implementation of smaller scale systems is so very different that I have learned a lot from the folks here. When people are kind enough to share their hands-on experience, I stop,  listen and add comments/questions with respect.

    I appreciate this place.

    Marc

     


    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • SolraySolray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Vic said:
    Solray said:
    I thought it would be nice to see some pictures of systems, solar, wind, hybrid, methane, LNG, etc that you have put together and have them all in one place rather than sifting through tons of old dead links to find a picture only to see it is now outdated by newer technologies.
    Looking forwards to seeing what you have done recently. 
    :)


    You are quite new here,   but,   there is always this Discussion:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/9922/show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine/p1

    This should help the focus.

    Look around on this site.   There is ALREADY a lot of good information here,   one just needs to take the time to look around and read.   It's easy,   and the Host of this site is generous enough to store ALL of this information for all of us to search and READ,   to our heart's content.

    Good reading!   Thanks,   Vic

    Yep, saw that, here's the first post in the thread:

    My husband and I are coming up on our 3 year anniversary of building our off grid berm home. We are now in the stages where we can tweak and hopefully perfect what we have done.

    I would love to see pictures of other off grid homes/cabins/shops. Please post what you have and the equipment you use. I think this could be very helpful for people interested in going off grid.


    Here is a picture looking at the front of our berm house. We still need to paint.
    newawningfromthefrontjpg



    From the hill in the back:
    3-19backviewjpg



    We have a 1620 watt 12 volt system and 1540 amp hours of batteries...we need to add more batteries. Right now we are producing more electric than we can use or store....this is not a bad thing, lol.


    We have twelve 135 watt Kyocera 12 volt panels, two Outback 80 amp charge controllers, one Outback 12 volt inverter, fourteen 6 volt golf cart batteries and a back up Honda generator which is only used for pumping our well water into an underground storage tank. My husband did the installation. Our system works flawlessly.

    When my husband designed our system he wanted to have 2 redundant systems so that if something happened to one we would still have power from the other. We also went with two larger charge controllers for future upgrading which we are now in the process of doing.



    Please tell us about your sytems no matter how big or small.:)

    That is not the only one with dead links, there are a LOT of unhosted pics linked to that just don't work, so at BB's recommendation, I started this one to get updated info.

    Glad you are looking. :)
  • SolraySolray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited July 22 #7
    I worked for SunEdison through 2009. We engineered, installed, maintained and monitored 25KW to 50KW roof top systems on Kohl's, Costco and Whole Foods, to utility scale 15-20 MW ground mount systems in the USA and Spain.

    While the concepts are the same, the actual implementation of smaller scale systems is so very different that I have learned a lot from the folks here. When people are kind enough to share their hands-on experience, I stop,  listen and add comments/questions with respect.

    I appreciate this place.

    Marc

     


    Very nice, why not post some pictures here for us to see how those looked.
    Which part did you do? Installations?


  • BB.BB. Super Moderators Posts: 26,876 admin
    I guess photo bucket wants a yearly subscription for third-party hoisting more.

    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • PhotowhitPhotowhit Solar Expert Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭✭
    BB. said:
    I guess photo bucket wants a yearly subscription for third-party hoisting more.

    -Bill

    I've used them in the past, thought photos were always sent to your server?

    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Prosine 1800 and Exeltech 1100, ForkLift battery. Off grid for @13 of last 14 years. 1000 watts being added to current CC, @2700 watts to be added with an additional CC.
  • SolraySolray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Only if you use the choose files button, if you use the image URL box, it just links the picture from the net.
Sign In or Register to comment.