Urgent TS-60 PWM ERROR or ALARM

Options
Ako
Ako Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭
Sods Law , im going away tonight and when i came home Sunday night my CC LEDs were all flashing and i have no idea why , cant find anything wrong . All 3 lights were flashing together at about 1 second intervals , i pressed the button for a second and everything was back to normal and remains that way after going through a 24 hour cycle , yesterday was identical in terms of weather and charging perameters but without the problem reoccurring . i dont know if it was a Fault or an Alarm and im worried that if whatever caused it happens again it will stay that way until im home again in a few days and will stop charging or do some harm somewhere . Taken a screenshot to show an event although i dont know if its related t the problem , had been a sunny day and consistent there wasn't an clouds at all all day and nothing on in the house drawing power other than a laptop plugged into the CC . The CC had gone from Bulk to Adsorption 30 minutes before as always and with around 90 Amp/Hrs in for the day .
2240 Watt Array  4 x 460 Watt Mono Panels + 2 x 200 Watt Panels
Victron Smart 150-70 MPPT Charge Controller
24 volt Battery Bank 4 x 6v 400 Amp/Hr Trojan L16 AGM
LiFePO4 Lithium 100 Amp/Hr Battery for Backup
Victron 1600w Multiplus Compact Inverter/Charger
DC to DC Charger ( Non Isolated )

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My belief is that when all 3 leds are flashing together it is an indication that battery service is required, it can be reset via the button or the feature can be enabled/disabled in custom settings.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • mcgivor
    Options
    To add to the above it is mealy a reminder not a fault,which is why the logged data shows no abnormalities.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Ako
    Ako Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭
    edited May 2017 #4
    Options
    Phew , thank you both so much , you have no idea what a relief that is , i read right through the manual and couldent find a single reference to the sequence of LEDs i had . Have wondered how the user is notified of service reminder . Still wondering why the abnormal readings for those few minutes in the day but the main thing is i dont need to assume the worst when i go away . I wish Morningstar would give a bit more information in the manual , maybe produce one for each of the three uses for the equipment as it can only be used for one so a lot of the information given is not relevant . Unfortunately i never log Faults or Alarms on my daily 1 minute logging and it didnt show on the daily logs at night .

I have disabled the feature now as i check my batteries regularly anyway .
    2240 Watt Array  4 x 460 Watt Mono Panels + 2 x 200 Watt Panels
    Victron Smart 150-70 MPPT Charge Controller
    24 volt Battery Bank 4 x 6v 400 Amp/Hr Trojan L16 AGM
    LiFePO4 Lithium 100 Amp/Hr Battery for Backup
    Victron 1600w Multiplus Compact Inverter/Charger
    DC to DC Charger ( Non Isolated )
  • mcgivor
    Options
    Here is a little information from an outside source

Here's a guide: LED IndicationsValuable information can be provided by the three LED’s visible through the front cover.  Although there are many different LED indications, they have similar patterns to make it easier to interpret each LED display.  Consider as three groups of indications: General Transitions // Battery Status // Faults & Alarms.LED Display ExplanationG = green LED is litY / R = yellow LED is lit, then red LED is litG+Y = Green and Yellow are both lit at the same timeG+Y / R = Green & Yellow both lit, then Red is lit aloneSequencing LED patterns (faults) repeat until the fault is clearedGeneral Transitions• Controller start-up    G / Y / R  (one cycle)• Equalize request start    G+Y+R / G+Y+R / G / G• Equalize cancelled    G+Y+R / G+Y+R / R / R• Battery service is required*   all 3 LED’s blinking until service is reset*battery service notifi cation is only enabled in custom settingsBattery Status• General state-of-charge   see battery SOC indications below• Absorption state    G blinking (½ second on / ½ second off) • Equalization state    G fast blink (2 to 3 times per second)• Float state     G slow blink (1 second on / 1 second off)Faults & Alarms• Over-temperature    Y / R  sequencing• High voltage disconnect   G / R  sequencing• DIP switch fault     R / Y / G  sequencing• Self-test faults      R / Y / G  sequencing• Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)  G+Y / Y+R  sequencing• Battery voltage sense    G+Y / Y+R  sequencing