inverter replacement

silverfox
silverfox Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭
Im running an aims 5000w mod inverter and some a my appls really dont like it so time for a new one. I have looked at 3 being samlex pst3000  go power and a coteksp4000 about all i can find comes from their spec on sellers page I did call a dealer in washinton spoke about the cotek and samlex and he said cotek made some a samlex inverts for them well the long and short of all of it to me is to see if any off griders are running these inverters and maybe get some input on how well they preform and for how long they have servied the loads they run   sure need help on this   thanks

Comments

• wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi silver fox ,   I don't have much experience yet but I am looking at a samalex EVO 2224 for my place , it seems to have a lot of nice  features for the money . 
     The set up  and programming doesn't seem overwhelming but we'll see about that I'm not very techy . 
      I've done some work on an outback system  and didn't care for how the programming was done  it was very confusing to me . 
     I from what I understand  the Cotek samalex  and  go power are all about the same .
     But this site sells samalex so I have to Believe that the  Samalex should give good service . 
      I am sure there will be a bunch of guys stopping buy that have way more info to add .

Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017 #3
    Personally I have both Samlex and Cotek, the Cotek was purchased from Samlex, not  rebranded, both have performed well without the radio interface that the store branded Chinese one produces. The Cotek failed through no fault in design, other than the cooling fan grill being large enough to allow a gecko to enter and get cremated. It was a 2000 watt consisting of 2 1000 watt stacked, I removed the bad half and now functions as a 1000watt, the grill now has stainless steel mosquito netting. Amazingly the overload protection works correctly as a 1Kw, has been in service for 2 years, one as a 2Kw, it is an older mode, which has limitations on input voltage, not high enough to perform equalization without turning off, the newer ones have addressed this minor issue. Are they the best? probably not, but they certainly are not the worst, this goes for Samlex as well, my personal opinion is, don't run too close to the limitations for extended periods, this goes with any electronic devices  and they should probably give a good return on investment.   
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • silverfox
    silverfox Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭
    thanks well built let us know how the samlex does you,re looking at. Mcgivor thanks for info sorry to hear bout the cotek and the gecko good the inverter was,nt a total lose and for the gecko im sure he want be sorely missed     again thanks
  • mryimmers
    mryimmers Solar Expert Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    I have been using Exeltech inverters, they have been great, made in the USA, (that matters to me and I'm a canuck) I have got mine on eBay, apparently Exeltech offers a reasonably priced refurbishing program if your inverter packs it in, they claim a "mean time between failures" of over 20 years. They claim to be used in every US embassy worldwide, and in both the US and Russian side of the ISS, good enough for me.
    510 watt pv, TS-MPPT 60, Exeltech XP1100, XP600 & XP250 @ 24V, 4x Trojan 105RE, Trimetric 2030, Yamaha EF2400i gen.